iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Just Conversation (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/)
-   -   What broke while on your last RV trip? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/what-broke-while-on-your-last-rv-trip-555737.html)

yeloduster 09-27-2021 04:50 PM

What broke while on your last RV trip?

Those of us who have been doing the RV game for a while realize that something goes wrong on almost every trip. I thought it might be fun...well maybe not fun...it might be interesting if we talked about our latest mishap...big or small!

My latest; in the middle of the night while camping near Rocky Mountain National Park the canister that contains the water filter split up the side and all our water was pumped out onto the ground. Fortunately the rupture was in an area that was open to the outside and NO damage was done.

I was able to remove the water filter and pull the plumbing together for a temporary fix until we got home. I paid $21 for a new water filter housing from Lowes, $15 for plumbing pieces and 3 trips to Lowes because I can never anticipate everything I need!

That's my story, what is yours?

96 Wideglide 09-27-2021 04:55 PM

Got lucky this last trip!

Only issue was wife's footrest sometimes wouldn't lower :sad:!

Bit of grease in some key places when we got home, and all is good in the world again :thumb:!

Bobby F 09-27-2021 05:00 PM

Strings in both large-window sets of day/night shades decided to give up the ghost within two hours of each other.

(Great excuse to finally wash them!)

AlanTerry 09-27-2021 05:01 PM

Slide out topper ripped 7/8 off, needs replaced.
Drawer latch broken.

JUST MORE FUN FOR ME ��!

O Lloyd 09-27-2021 05:05 PM

That small 6" white Camco hose for the fresh water inlet,
sprung a leak between the hose and the brass fitting.
I called Camco. They had me send them a picture of the hose,
no receipt copy or anything else. Said they would replace it.

A couple of weeks later, TWO showed up in my mailbox.
Yay Camco!

O LLOYD

Tightwadted 09-27-2021 05:10 PM

Lippert dual synchronous controller for the schwintek bedroom slide, went out at Mammoth Cave. after lots of trial and error diagnosed as bad slide controller (Lippert 13398-C2)on one side, alternated plugging/unplugging leads to good side to extend/retract for rest of trip, till we got to Memphis where i got a new control box, $626 including tax, ouch

Stateboy 09-27-2021 05:17 PM

I just returned from a 33 day, 5,800 mile trip out west from Michigan. About a week into it I replaced the dual LP regulator that leaked for about one week before I could figure out where it was leaking from. It was probably related to the Jayco recall. One regulator, two pigtails and two 20 lb. tank refills later and I was on my way. On the way back to Michigan, I took a rock to the windshield and cracked it coming into North Dakota from Montana on US-2. The windshield was just replace today.

Hurricane-TX 09-27-2021 05:24 PM

Nothing has broken on my coach since April when one of the fittings on a trans cooler line started leaking. Had to order the part from Ford, but it was an easy fix.

Jake21 09-27-2021 06:42 PM

Black tank valve started leaking. Fun stuff.

kenwyatt 09-27-2021 07:25 PM

About 2/3 tru a 3,200 mile trip. So far the toilet lid hinge broke and I messed up the female connection on my 50 amp extension cord but thatís on me. Hoping thatís the extent of it for this trip.

Unplanned Tourist 09-27-2021 07:27 PM

Water heater pressure/temp safety valve decided to start leaking. A quick trip to Home Hardware in Golden, BC, and off to the races again. :cool:

Nice that we were dry camping within walking distance, and they had one in stock. :dance:

Also good to have T tape and tools along. :thumb:

Like my signature says, "You can always spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!" :laugh:

jondrew55 09-27-2021 07:28 PM

I stayed at Ft Wilderness. My wallet broke

96Bounder1st 09-27-2021 07:40 PM

Cabinet latch and got a rock in windshield.

Fortunately it did not spread and I got it fixed today. Stone chip repairs with my deductible are free so far.

Do not want to have to find someone to replace my one piece front windshield.

Terry

fcbbob15 09-27-2021 07:48 PM

On the way home from South Dakota my lights on my toad stopped working. Could not figure out why. We were about 150 miles from home so the DW drove the Jeep home. A couple of days later I hooked everything up and it worked. Have triple checked everything I can think of. Still working today.