iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Just Conversation (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/)
-   -   What broke while on your last RV trip? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/what-broke-while-on-your-last-rv-trip-555737.html)

DutchmenSpor 10-08-2021 01:22 PM

Same trip as the post I made on Page 3 of this forum thread, later .... a slide cable broke.

yeloduster 10-08-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LETMGROW (Post 5933424)
I bought my wife a bag of "Kettle Corn". Can you believe $5.00 for a bag of "Kettle Corn"? It was good though.

Let me get this straight!? For whom was the Kettle Corn?

Jarlaxle 10-08-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manicman (Post 5942491)
Dude! I have an Aspect. Replaced my outdoor stereo as well. Any water leaks from the kitchen have the potential to ruin a lot of stuff. Idk why they did that. Power supply, stereo, furnace, fuse panel all right under a sink. Good lord.

It's three cents cheaper to build that way.

IC2 10-09-2021 05:18 AM

Anti-siphon valve for the kitchen sink. What a stench coming out of that sink drain!!

bobmar 10-09-2021 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobmar (Post 5930634)
Flawless…….really…….did I just jinx it!!!

Oh oh……did it again. Another great trip with no flaws (that I’ve noticed!). Are we blessed or cursed?….don’t know!! The coach, driver and copilot are very happy. Last run starting the 18th then Minnesota winter bedtime, it’s been a mild fall. We’ll see how that trip goes.
[emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696]

DaveS52 10-09-2021 06:55 AM

Good (?) vibrations

Traveling cross-country I learn again that my Michigan is not the only state with crappy roads. My Leprechaun amplifies every bump & rut. So on this 5 week trip to AZ, UT & NM, I fixed a broken cabinet hinge, drawer latch, paper towel ‘rack’ fell off and the Dometic thermostat display went flakey. Also the access door for my generator somehow got a bit mangled when I cut it a bit close pulling up to the gas pump!

Cobra Mini 10-09-2021 08:53 AM

Last Friday I was at a townwide 3 day garage sale in my Motorhome C.went to bed at about 10,1030 when I got up in the middle of the night, say 430 am and swung out of bed in my bare feet and low and behold stepped down in a puddle soaked carpeting and i used a few choice words. The rv was at a slight front end lower than the rear so the water tank was under the bed and the water was running down hill, before I left the house i had put in about 25 gallons of water, so at about 5am i go outside and open the valve to empty the tank and a short time later a sheriff's car stops and asks me what the water was from, just making sure it was just fresh water, yes I said so I had him come inside to see what happened and he said ok,just checking, so that was my messed up situation, got home and shop vacuum the water out and then i did some investigating and where the water drain fitting was cracked and leaking water, it must have been cracked for a long time because the whole area around the tank was saturated with water, pulled tank and had to get a new one, lots of vacuuming and furnace and fans for days. Finally got new tank to replace the old one and of course it was not a exact replacement so had to do some plumbing, all is good now except for the musty smell, we will see how it goes. So that's my story.

lightsluvr 10-12-2021 07:23 AM

The shower hot water valve broke. Went to Ace Hardware and found a chrome replacement that fit exactly. Had to use plumber's tape on the shower head threads. Easy peazy.

TraceyC 10-12-2021 03:19 PM

We have 1992 Fleetwood bounder. Our last trip out we broke the entry steps. When the outside step extends we need to have a brace under it to take any weight. I didn't have the brace on it & my husband stepped on the step & it broke. The whole bottom step inside now moves now. It looks like it has just rotted away from the frame or whatever the metal step is attached to. Have no idea how to fix it. :(

diesel odor 10-13-2021 06:05 AM

My passenger blind spot mirror decided to fall off about 20 miles after leaving Bucee's and before that my fresh water hose broke. Hose was an easy fix from Home depot in Waco and bought a spare since it is probably time for a new hose. Got woken up by a lady walking her dog at 2 a.m. saying I have a "flood" or something.

Got the last mirror from Walmart in their RV section, and had to find Gorilla tape to hold it on. Still holding after 1400 miles. Love the Texas fuel prices!

ga traveler 10-13-2021 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraceyC (Post 5947754)
We have 1992 Fleetwood bounder. Our last trip out we broke the entry steps. When the outside step extends we need to have a brace under it to take any weight. I didn't have the brace on it & my husband stepped on the step & it broke. The whole bottom step inside now moves now. It looks like it has just rotted away from the frame or whatever the metal step is attached to. Have no idea how to fix it. :(

We ran into this many times at our dealership. It was almost always one of two things. First is weld breaking. If that is the problem you reweld the step back to the metal support. Second is the lower wooden step is rotten and no longer supports the metal step. In this case you have to build a new wood lower step to support the metal step.
Neither repair is difficult, but if it is the weld, you will need to use a jack to push the step back up into a level position while you weld it.

Lincolnboy2 10-13-2021 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ga traveler (Post 5948434)
We ran into this many times at our dealership. It was almost always one of two things. First is weld breaking. If that is the problem you reweld the step back to the metal support. Second is the lower wooden step is rotten and no longer supports the metal step. In this case you have to build a new wood lower step to support the metal step.
Neither repair is difficult, but if it is the weld, you will need to use a jack to push the step back up into a level position while you weld it.

EXACTLY what happened about 6 years ago with my 2003 Storm. Had to drop it and take it to a welder, then re install it with the jack. I didn't do any of the work. My good friend and mechanic Dave did the work.

peskyfeller 10-13-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraceyC (Post 5947754)

You will need to replace the entire step assembly. It is held on by 4 bolts through the top and "I believe" yours also has bolts that go to the side on the top piece towards the side of the coach. You can access the bolts by removing the pin that goes between the swing arm and the step. The steps are very heavy so make sure you have a helper or floor jack under there to help. You can Google replacing Kwikee steps and find instructions on how to replace the steps. The steps are very expensive so be ready for some sticker shock.:sad:

peskyfeller 10-13-2021 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ga traveler (Post 5948434)

I never saw an electric step with any wooden pieces. Are you talking about the lower step that is part of the coach?