iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Just Conversation (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/)
-   -   What broke while on your last RV trip? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/what-broke-while-on-your-last-rv-trip-555737.html)

dovidas1944 10-03-2021 03:34 PM

Well we had a tire blow out on the Tow dolly the first day. At second stop our myRV controller panel died. Next day kitchen faucet stated leaking from around cartridge. All in a two week run. Previous trip was 6 week 6400 mile run in 2019 we had no problems. Lippert overnighted new panel to RV Park. Got new house style faucet at Lowes and RV Park had handyman on staff who installed it for $60. Bad luck but every thing worked out.

Johnynorthla 10-03-2021 03:36 PM

My toilet flush valve is leaking!

Ajhyman 10-03-2021 03:37 PM

2019 Essex Back up Camera So far had to replace 4 of them Bad batch

Busycakes 10-03-2021 03:41 PM

While in south Texas brake line sprung a leak due to corrosion. Made it back home with 4 qts of brake fluid, duct tape and engine braking. Got home and stairs quit, bad controller. Then took it to shop because Iíd noticed 4 of the exhaust manifold bolts had popped on V-10. 6 week advance Appt with Ford dealership and then 7 weeks in shop. Most of that waiting on parts.

Civrel 10-03-2021 03:45 PM

Easier question is what didnít break?

Main slide got stuck extended

Water heater pressure valve

Door lock/latch will not stay adjusted and rattles

Hood vent latch vibrates lose and rattles

Valve stem got broken off. Guess that one is my fault

Didnít run the furnace, but it also vibrates.

Crossing fingers for an approval from Jayco for warranty work.

FCOKC 10-03-2021 03:50 PM

Cooling coil fans stopped on Norcold refrigerator.
As soon as I got that fixed the electric toilet quit flushing. Been wanting to replace that toilet for a long time anyway lol.

Sossage2t 10-03-2021 03:56 PM

The Short Version...

traveling from CA to TX, returning though LV to meet up with some friends. The HUEI pump went out on my '05 Beaver Monterey. 12.5 hours to get it towed. I mean on a low bed. Two weeks for the truck repair shop to replace the high pressure oil pump.We had to rent a U-haul truck to get home. No car rental would rent us a car one way, and we had a 24 foot trailer to take home. We drive our toad back to Vegas to drive the coach home. It doesn't run right, but it does drive. We get home and take it to Caterpillar for repairs... Now we need a set of injectors.
This RV experience probably sounds familiar to some people.
I put over $15,000.00 dollars into this fun vehicle. On just one trip. weeeeeeee!

I still love the life style.
I've bee RVing for over 35 years.
This is the first time I ever broke down on the road.

Keep on trucking

ken s 10-03-2021 04:11 PM

onan

left home on 9-2 headed for branson, mo, about two hours out lost the generator. when i finally got time to open the onan 8kw diesel generator, i saw pieces of magnets :sad: , also seemed to be locked up as i couldn't turn it. after reading many post here i see this is a common problem . will repair it when i get the time. thanks to all for the great info .

BigBillSD 10-03-2021 04:13 PM

We just got back from our Great River Road trip. About 9500 miles long. A few things broke during the trip. First was I brought in the front hydraulic slide without looking and snapped off a thick Cherry Trim panel. Second thing was the Vacuum Break broke and leaked some water inside the coach and the third thing was the biggie. Hydraulic Jacks crapped out in Santa Fe on the way back home. Luckily our next stop was Williams AZ and AZPete came to our rescue! And icing to that cake was he was willing to work with my extended warranty folks and he got more than $2100 of the cost from them, which was amazing as they do not like to pay for anything. They are not fun to work with but he handled them like the pro he is.

TonyinAZ 10-03-2021 04:15 PM

Sitting in a koa right now with lci levelers that wonít work. Broke on my way home. Using slide out without them in level sites so far. Hope to get repaired when limp back

Violaa8488 10-03-2021 04:16 PM

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bay

During six week trip thru the south east a rain storm flooded the inside of our coach. The gaskets between the AC unit and the roof had dried out while stored outdoors in Mesa in 2020. Fixed in Myrtle Beach for $575.
Then the hydraulic emergency brake decided to only release at its own discretion. Got it released in Peoria Illinois and drove straight home to KC.
The parts are obsolete so a conversion to manual emergency brake was done by Freightliner for the tune of $6,800. Wow, didnít see that one coming.

magnun 10-03-2021 04:16 PM

Washer/dryer woes

Night before trip to Big Pine Key in the lower Florida keys my DW decided to wash a small load of clothes at home. Transferred wet clothes to the dryer only to find that the dryer decided to take a crap. No problem she said, Weíll dry them in the Coach. Finally get down to Big Pine key a couple of days later and needed to wash clothes again, so she loaded the washer in the coach and started washing only to find that the washer wouldnít spin the clothes. So the washer in the coach decided to take a crap. Will Be busy with repairs on washer and dryer.

mark 62 10-03-2021 04:26 PM

Windshield And Roadmaster RSSA Reflex Stabilizer Unit

RTegarini 10-03-2021 04:28 PM

Last trip out, serpentine belt blew-up going up grade, six miles short of destination. Friday, after 5:00 pm on a three-day weekend. Of course. -RT