iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f287/)
-   -   Is there a way to reverse the direction of a trip after its been mapped out? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f287/is-there-a-way-to-reverse-the-direction-of-a-trip-after-its-been-mapped-out-557276.html)

BigBillSD 10-10-2021 01:11 PM

Is there a way to reverse the direction of a trip after its been mapped out?

I created a trip with around 30 campgrounds going from West to East thru Canada. After being informed we need to be someplace at the end of August my thought is to change the trip to East to West allowing us to be at the new destination on time, and also allowing us to change it up a bit on the fly and still be able to make it back to the west coast.

I know I could drag all the stops around, probably totally screwing it up in the process. I'm curious if there is a way to invert the trip? Control Key sequence or ?

Thanks, Bill

amosnandy 10-10-2021 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBillSD (Post 5944925)
I created a trip with around 30 campgrounds going from West to East thru Canada. After being informed we need to be someplace at the end of August my thought is to change the trip to East to West allowing us to be at the new destination on time, and also allowing us to change it up a bit on the fly and still be able to make it back to the west coast.

I know I could drag all the stops around, probably totally screwing it up in the process. I'm curious if there is a way to invert the trip? Control Key sequence or ?

Thanks, Bill

It would help to know what program you are using to map with.

chindog 10-10-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amosnandy (Post 5944999)

Since the OP posted this note in the RV Trip Wizard forum, I'm guessing that's the program he's inquiring about. I would also like to know about this, since I use RVTW quite a bit, and would like to be able to reverse trip itineraries. I know you can copy trips, and you can move stops by dropping and dragging from the list on the left side of the screen, but if you have many stops planned out, dragging and dropping is quite cumbersome.

Mike8253 10-10-2021 03:46 PM

(I hope this works like I think it does.) 1st I'd make a copy of your trip to protect your original effort. Then, on your copy, I believe you can employ the multi-stop return option, which should add your stops in reverse back to your original starting location. Once you've done that step, you can delete all the original stops up to but NOT including the last stop of your original trip. Use the Stop Delete function (Tool Drop-down) to [emoji3581] all the Stops you want deleted and perform that action in one step.

KanzKran 10-10-2021 03:58 PM

I may have to give RVTW a try. I use RV Parky, but the “return to here” button only maps it back to start in one shot without duplicating the stops in reverse. A bit of a pain, that. :blink:

lrwinddancer 10-10-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8253 (Post 5945078)
(I hope this works like I think it does.) 1st I'd make a copy of your trip to protect your original effort. Then, on your copy, I believe you can employ the multi-stop return option, which should add your stops in reverse back to your original starting location. Once you've done that step, you can delete all the original stops up to but NOT including the last stop of your original trip. Use the Stop Delete function (Tool Drop-down) to [emoji3581] all the Stops you want deleted and perform that action in one step.

I did this very thing a couple months back. Worked 90%. I still needed to do some minor adjustment to prevent my first day from being 30 miles away from my starting point. LOL Yes this works.

BigBillSD 10-10-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8253 (Post 5945078)

WOW! That worked. The only thing that didn't work as expected was the Delete Stop function. Click and Shift Click did not work to select the range like it works for most things on the web. Had to select each of the west to east stops individually. But that was much easier than redoing each stop.

Very Cool Feature! Glad I asked. -Bill

BigBillSD 10-17-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amosnandy (Post 5944999)

RV Tripwizard, I'm pretty sure I only posted this on this forum. -Bill

FloridaSon 10-21-2021 06:30 AM

Round Trip Options button

1 Attachment(s)
Open RV Trip Wizard, go to create a new trip or open an existing trip.

Add at least one stop. The Round Trip Options button does not appear unless at least one stop is added.

I think what you want might be the “Round trip options” button located at the bottom of a trip you created. Works for me.

Smitty77 01-16-2022 05:55 PM

Undo Round Trip ???

Working out first trip, and I toggled on Round Trip, an chose first the Mirror, then the Direct, to see the differences... Well it looks to me, like each time I click Mirror or Direct - it does just that.. A trip of about 2000 miles, is now up over 21K:)!

Surely their is away to 'Turn Off' or 'Undo':)! Or, is this another opportunity for 'refinement':)!

And I'm very pleased to be told 'You missed how to do this...'...

Having fun. And gee, suppose I can delete the trip, and start over - but over 30 locations and fuel etc. on this trip...

Best to all,
Smitty

Mike8253 01-16-2022 06:35 PM

Just remember that every time you complete an add or delete or whatever, RVTW automatically saves that action. There is no undo. What you effectively did was double, then quadruple (maybe more?) the length of your trip by using the RT function. If you don't want to start over, 1st save a copy of your existing (extended) trip, and then on the copy, click on the Wrench Icon at the upper left of the screen and select the Delete Stops function. Then check each Stop that you added after your original last stop in order to delete them in one aggregated step.

Once you do the deletes, and if you're satisfied with the result, delete your original, extended trip, and rename the corrected one to whatever you want.

Sent from my moto z3 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app

travelingjw 01-25-2022 07:49 PM

Reorder Stops

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBillSD (Post 5944925)

Thanks, Bill

Bill,
I made a copy of my trip. I then exported my route to Excel so I had a guide. Then I just moved each stop manually, checked it against Excel and was done. Took me less than 5 minutes, I had 11 stops.