iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Why does anyone buy a Class A? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/why-does-anyone-buy-a-class-a-557763.html)

Fiesta48 10-18-2021 11:53 AM

We travel with my sister in law, she's in her pick up pulling her 28' fiver.
No rest areas or don't want to go in due to Covid. She walks up to our 41' DP and goes tinkle. With her slide in she can't get to the bathroom also. Class A for us.

Tarcowboy 10-18-2021 07:46 PM

If you gotta ask “why a class A” you haven’t been hooking up a TT to the bumper of your truck for the last 20 years. Just got ours and we absolutely love the experience. So far ...anyway....:)

tcg 10-19-2021 06:46 AM

Why a Class C? Why a boat? Why a big house? Why a small house? Why a motorcycle? Why a wife? Why kids? Why a dog? Why a cat?

Why anything?

Because we can an do whatever we decide that makes us happy but may not make someone else happy.

RM Art 10-19-2021 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcg (Post 5955074)
Why a Class C? Why a boat? Why a big house? Why a small house? Why a motorcycle? Why a wife? Why kids? Why a dog? Why a cat?

Why anything?

Because we can an do whatever we decide that makes us happy but may not make someone else happy.

Extremely well put!

That's The America Experiment!!! - In a Nut Shell!!

That is why: "Do unto [for] others as you would have them do unto [for] you!" and "Each to their own!" are both great slogans to live buy in this great country of United States of America.

This American Experiment [i.e. social, business, governmental, religion, gender and race] is meant to [best as possible] level the playing field[s] for citizens of the United States.

It's not that everything always works out... but... during "Experiments" there are always mistakes until the "Experiment" outcome begins to truly show success of the endeavors partaken.

God bless America! And, we each should bless her too!! :thumb: ;)

jeskibuff 10-19-2021 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiesta48 (Post 5954303)
We travel with my sister in law, she's in her pick up pulling her 28' fiver.
No rest areas or don't want to go in due to Covid. She walks up to our 41' DP and goes tinkle.

Even maybe if she behaves well you'll eventually let her inside so she can use the toilet in the bathroom! :)

UTTransplant 10-19-2021 08:45 AM

I actually read all the posts in this thread, and I am still giggling at the original question. I don’t have to tell you or anyone else why I bought my Class A. It isn’t any of your business. And if anyone on the web believes that reports of issues implies all rigs are flawed, then they haven’t been online very long. No one goes on the web to say “I had a great day without any issues!”

tcg 10-19-2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UTTransplant (Post 5955215)
No one goes on the web to say “I had a great day without any issues!”

Because if we did that it would jinx us and then we'd have major issues the next time out.

I'm even nervous making this comment because we're heading out for a couple long weekends before it gets ugly in Michigan.

dbircky 10-19-2021 08:55 AM

I had another great trip with no issues in my class A.

Well, there was a little issue with chocolate chip cookies disappearing. Evidently having a class A leads to an increased consumption of cookies. Why does anyone make cookies? They just get eaten and then there’s the problem of no more cookies.

Flyer15015 10-19-2021 09:10 AM

This thread reminds me of an old 60's AMWAY film of a prehistoric Winnebago class "A" going down the road with the wife standing in the kitchen frosting a cake.

WE DO IT BECAUSE WE CAN.

Nuff said.

Mike in Colorado

Crasher 10-19-2021 09:27 AM

In 8 years and 80,000 miles, I have had one DEF sensor replaced and the engine AC compressor was just changed last year. We also replaced the slideout cover awnings. Annual service for the chassis at the Cummins shop and at my dealer for the house. We just add water, food, clothes and fuel. Then watch the world unfold through that big big window at the front. Life is good in a Class A.

bneiva 10-19-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldWEB (Post 5950237)
More useful than two sinks in a bathroom....

As friendly as two holes in the outhouse....

Greg5OH 10-20-2021 03:06 PM

cause you can, and taking a poop going down the road is nearly priceless.

Also a big one for me, pride of ownership! Most diesel pushers have some presence to them, and they are just freaking cool. I enjoy taking care and washing mine.

Actually the biggest reason I bought it-you can tow your car with your house, with ease too.

desertdd 10-21-2021 06:07 AM

Another reason we bought a class A we winter in Arizona and are into UTV riding. This way we can pull a trailer with our UTV and Honda CRV on board. A lot of people do the same thing as it makes it easier to travel with your toys. You could do the same thing with a toy hauler, but don't like the idea of driving around with a big 3/4 ton pickup.

RoadTrip2084 10-21-2021 07:46 AM

A Class A is almost literally a land yacht. It's the closest thing to a boat you can drive around on dry land. It it filled with complex systems required to support the driving, levelling, and cabin comforts required. It is a certainty that thing are going to fail, require near constant maintenance, etc.

If you think keeping a Class A on the road is hard work and expensive, try living on a boat for awhile. At least the Class A can't sink.

..and the reason to own one is the same, freedom and adventure! :dance: