iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Verbal Agreement between buyer and seller (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/verbal-agreement-between-buyer-and-seller-558146.html)

153stars 10-19-2021 05:18 PM

So should everyone willing to help including those that may have contributed to thousands or tens of thousands of posts be required to also carefully read every post prior to trying to help.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pointerman (Post 5955209)
The last dozen posters need to rush on over to the "Do you read" thread. :cool:

OP has purchased a new generator. Of course you won't read this either so what is the point. :banghead:

Pointerman 10-19-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 153stars (Post 5955835)
So should everyone willing to help including those that may have contributed to thousands or tens of thousands of posts be required to also carefully read every post prior to trying to help.

Sure helps. What if the OP has posted more details or clarifying info. Makes the forum far more helpful. So, yes, if you really want to help.

153stars 10-19-2021 08:23 PM

Well I thought read all but must have missed his last response but I may have missed but you were a huge help pointing out our mistakes. I have spent hours printing diagrams larger at work and tracing out wires and relays before to help someone . Maybe it be better help to forum police instead lol.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pointerman (Post 5955865)
Sure helps. What if the OP has posted more details or clarifying info. Makes the forum far more helpful. So, yes, if you really want to help.

Pointerman 10-20-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajaysarin (Post 5954032)
Its a good thing I have thick skin on the matter :). I appreciate all the inputs for my situation, I think I knew the answer all the along just needed it confirmed. It really is a bummer but its almost always the case when you buy used. I just now secured a new 8k unit coming out of Kentucky. My boss (wife) made her decision to buy new rather than used for $3k less. I am ok with it and I will take the advice on keeping the old unit and rebuild the engine and maybe trying selling on my own. There are a lot of brand new parts that were put on just before I took delivery. Thanks again for all the input, much appreciated.

Here you go. :D

FleetMan 10-24-2021 03:20 PM

Every private sale I have made includes the following, "Vehicle sold As Is, Where Is. No Guarantee or Warranty Intended or Implied."

dbteam 10-24-2021 03:31 PM

Bag Genny

Not sure what $$ you're talking about with this purchase but my .02 is the first year you own used you will discover every problem the seller had which is why they decided to sell. If the $$ are enough paying $600 for a professional inspector would/should/may have discovered the issue. Ask yourself, if you knew the genny needed a re-build, would you have passed on this coach? I know its sounds harsh but you have a positive "suc it up buttercup" attitude - now go make years of memories in your DP! :)

BOSTONBERNIE 10-24-2021 03:37 PM

I am not questioning your integrity but after all this time ...He should believe you- Why ?

Doyle94 10-24-2021 03:54 PM

If you accept "as is" you pay not seller.

I am in total agreement with Ljwt330. Judge Judy would say "you ate the steak, now you have to pay". You had the opportunity to have a mechanic look at it before you took delivery. So you accepted it "as is". The seller was relieved of any responsibility when you accepted it "as is". Did you get an extended warranty? It doesn't sound as if you did, but that would be the only way that you would not have to take full financial responsibility. If the prior owner felt guilty enough they might try and make it right by helping with the replacement/repair, but they are under no obligation.

So, get out the credit card and get that thing on order as soon as possible. Then when you get the new one installed you will have a warranty.

Another possibility is to contact a RV junk yard like rvparts.visonerv.com . If they have one you can get a much lower price and quicker delivery. Good Luck

Rustywelds 10-24-2021 04:04 PM

1st. Remember the old truth, buyer beware.
2nd. Most individuals that sell an RV are truthful, but not always.
3rd. Any time you buy used expect problems and accept them or stay away.
4th. Many times something used will be on the verge and the owner has no clue.
5th No one drive or treats the equipment as you would or thinks they do.
You can look on the net and find a gen set for less than 12k. I bought a 10k almost new one for $4500. runs like a top, same model and all. Patience is a virtue not all men are blessed with.

oh no 10-24-2021 04:35 PM

Buy a used generator from a rv salvage

rkbeasley 10-24-2021 04:35 PM

You accepted it as is when you paid him. I know it is a hard pill to swallow. But it is your pill now.

10EC 10-24-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajaysarin (Post 5953539)
Hello all. I am currently in a situation with my recent purchase of a class A pusher. I am seeking advice as to what would be a fair option for both parties. I will try to explain it as simple as I can. I bought this rig with the understanding that the owner was going to have the generator repaired. Seems the mobile mechanic he used had a hard time to get it to run, he ended up throwing lots of parts at it, over $3k so he did attempt to make it right. On the day I went to pick it up the generator was in fact running and seem to have been running well So I did not hesitate so I paid him and took delivery. By the time I got home the generator was smoking beyond my belief. I called him he said its probably because it hasn't been run in so long. Well days went by weeks went by and problem did not go away and actually started to die after running for short periods of time. Then one day it would not start. Of course I talked to him he feels no responsibility. I have it a shop now they told me it has 2 dead cylinders. They found large amounts of starting fluid in the crankcase. Seem person who worked on it last attempted to start using a lot of starting fluid, that destroyed the engine.
Well a replacement generator is in the $12k range and to top it off backordered 6-9 months. My question or advice I am looking for is am wrong to think he is still responsible for it at the very least half. I feel bad it was not his fault he put his trust on the mobile mechanic. I don't see how I should be stuck with this entire bill for the generator. I am considering taking him to small claims court, I feel I dont have anything to loose. I would like to hear from anyone who may or may not have had any experiences with something like this.

=== They are full of it ===
One day the coach is gonna need more fuel, get him on that one to.

brobox 10-24-2021 05:00 PM

A buyer should always have a professional inspection on a used coach. If not the RV is sold "as is" unless a written contract was breached. The seller has receipts that he tried. He may have no knowledge what the mechanic did, it was running when picked up, therefore his verbal agreement was met.

W5CI 10-24-2021 05:04 PM

I am sorry for your issue, but you are SOL since you dont have any type of written contract.