iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Shade motor failure or?? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/shade-motor-failure-or-558753.html)

GeezerViz 10-22-2021 07:50 PM

Shade motor failure or??
 
1 Attachment(s)
I've seen many posts on here about people having issues with shade motors. I never really paid attention because I only have my front shades powered. Well, for the last few days my driver side night shade has been stubborn. It would always go down fine but when trying to raise the button would beep. After a few tries, it would go up. Now it won't go down, just beep, beep, beep. Is that a motor issue? I thought the motor issues would just do nothing when the button was pressed, so the beeping has me confused. I also have some wires hanging down with buttons on the end, which I assume is a reset button but I don't know the process to reset. TIA for help! Attachment 346901

J Gunter 10-22-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeezerViz (Post 5959586)
I've seen many posts on here about people having issues with shade motors. I never really paid attention because I only have my front shades powered. Well, for the last few days my driver side night shade has been stubborn. It would always go down fine but when trying to raise the button would beep. After a few tries, it would go up. Now it won't go down, just beep, beep, beep. Is that a motor issue? I thought the motor issues would just do nothing when the button was pressed, so the beeping has me confused. I also have some wires hanging down with buttons on the end, which I assume is a reset button but I don't know the process to reset. TIA for help! Attachment 346901

The beep, beep, beep sounds like a programming issue. The button on the wire is used to program the shade motor.

brobox 10-23-2021 06:54 AM

A 12v reboot will often correct a shade motor.

GeezerViz 10-23-2021 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brobox (Post 5959843)
A 12v reboot will often correct a shade motor.

Tried that first, several times. No change. I'm guessing when yours failed they just stopped working, no beeping?

GeezerViz 10-23-2021 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Gunter (Post 5959611)
The beep, beep, beep sounds like a programming issue. The button on the wire is used to program the shade motor.

Are there instructions somewhere on how to program or do I need to make a phone call?

brobox 10-23-2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeezerViz (Post 5959859)
Tried that first, several times. No change. I'm guessing when yours failed they just stopped working, no beeping?

I have had both, reprogramming as Jerry mentioned, and a fail shade motor that beeped. Here are the programming instructions. https://mcdinnovations.com/info-for-...mit-adjustment

GeezerViz 10-23-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brobox (Post 5959873)
I have had both, reprogramming as Jerry mentioned, and a fail shade motor that beeped. Here are the programming instructions. https://mcdinnovations.com/info-for-...mit-adjustment

Thanks. This is a big help. Of course when I went to begin the programming, the shade was working fine. So I'll not mess with it while it is working. Sheeesh.

seeg 10-23-2021 05:00 PM

Donít you just hate it when things fix themselves. It always leaves me with a nagging feeling in the back of my brain that the problem will reoccur at the worst possible moment.

oneknight 10-24-2021 07:36 AM

Mine has done that as well.

According to the shade manual, the beeping is a "low voltage" alarm. Not sure I believe it is truthful, but regardless, it's telling us the shade motor is "unhappy"

I had one that it's "up stop" position would drift down over time. I'd reprogram it. Repeatedly. Then it started "beeping" I'd repeatedly push the switch, eventually it would respond. I did eventually replace that motor.

as of summer 2021, the newest motor is WHITE, and oddly it is called "Black Pearl."
This motor can be used to replace all previous motors.

I found both the best price and "IN STOCK" at Integrity RV Parts.
Here's the link: https://integrityrvparts.com/collect...a8ef450a&_ss=r

Replacement is easy. The shade just clips/unclips. There is plenty of extra wire. You'll want to pop off the windshield pillar trim on the side you're working on. You will need to splice the wires.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.