iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Where Do The Slide "Lock'R" Bars Go? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/where-do-the-slide-lockr-bars-go-55926.html)

CoCoDave 08-11-2009 12:13 PM

Where Do The Slide "Lock'R" Bars Go?

Do any of you actually install these things when the galley-living room slide is retracted? If so where do you put them? (2001 Diplomat and similar)

They were not installed when I bought the coach and the owners' manual talks about them but does not describe precisely where they are supposed to go. The following pix show where I have experimentally placed mine.

https://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...4e095d1037.jpg
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...cddfa3446a.jpg

These were the only places I could find where the bar was supported by the outside wall and the slide itself. My only concern is that pressure on the outside wall very near the opening might warp the wall.

Thanks,

Dave

Dutch Star Don 08-11-2009 11:24 PM

Dave.....Your first photo is where mine is used. On my coach, there is a hole in the wall where one end goes and the other goes against the back side of the molding where you have it.

Mine has just one on the front of the large slide. I use mine religiously, because if I don't I can here the slide rattle behind my seat.

Lukeaa 08-12-2009 12:17 AM

I was told that they are mandatory in Canada. Who knows? I have never used them.

Still in Anacortes,
Luke

MonacoMama 08-12-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeaa (Post 533398)

I was told that they are mandatory in Canada. Who knows? I have never used them.

Still in Anacortes,
Luke

I don't care about the first part... :nonono: but I am envious of the other part!!:sad:

Richard and Babs and a Bob Tail Cat 08-12-2009 07:00 AM

Try to have a fail safe way to remove them before deploying the slides as leaving them in and trying to put the slides out can cause major damage. I would use them 100% or not at all. We do not use them.

CoCoDave 08-12-2009 07:18 AM

Thanks For The Replys

I believe I'll use them. My thinking is that having them in place may reduce some of the pressure on the slide extending mechanism, especially when moving.

Thanks again,

Dave

BigSkyBob 08-12-2009 09:39 AM

I also have a slot in the wall for the large road side slide. I use my slide lock without fail so I'm in the habit of removing it prior to deploying the slide.

walt2137 08-12-2009 12:43 PM

We dont use them and haven't in 9 yrs.

Walt

Dutch Star Don 08-12-2009 02:26 PM

Dave.....I have three slide buttons. Only the large slide has the lock, so I put a red dot on the button where you would place your finger. I reminds me to remove the lock and push the driver's seat forward.

LewF 08-12-2009 04:47 PM

I always use my locks. Murphy says, "if it can happen it will happen, and it will happen at a time to cause the most impact" They are easy to install and I also think that they keep the slide, especially my full wall slide, better seated in their slots when moving.

For my reminder, I made a 3x5" card into a label with red letters saying the slides are locked. I put velcro tabs the upper corners and when the locks are in it goes over the slide control switches. I would have to literally reach under it and push the slide switches if I wanted to ignore it - pretty hard to miss it this way. Now I just hope I don't remove it one day, forget to take the locks out, and then try to operate the slides.
Think I'll hang it up if that happens.

Lew

Sixpack98 08-12-2009 04:53 PM

I think some good points have been made in this thread. Sounds like I should start using them.

beaverjim 08-12-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixpack98 (Post 533674)
I think some good points have been made in this thread. Sounds like I should start using them.

picture this! you coming off the x way slowing down to the 35mph speed limit as you approach one of those 180 deg.right handers and you hear road noise behind the drivers seat, next you look out your left mirror and oops:eek: there goes the slide! that was 4 yrs ago. as you might guess i always use my slide lock now! jim

Sixpack98 08-12-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaverjim (Post 533694)
picture this! you coming off the x way slowing down to the 35mph speed limit as you approach one of those 180 deg.right handers and you hear road noise behind the drivers seat, next you look out your left mirror and oops:eek: there goes the slide! that was 4 yrs ago. as you might guess i always use my slide lock now! jim

That would be a 3 margarita dinner :D

MSgt 08-14-2009 11:06 PM

Slide locks

My coach was delivered without the slide locks. Contacted the dealer, Demartini, and they sent me slide locks that do not fit my coach. So do not use them, until I find a supplier.