iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Abrasive for Diamond Shield ?? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/abrasive-for-diamond-shield-580440.html)

Gary.Jones 05-13-2022 09:42 AM

Abrasive for Diamond Shield ??

Is there any safe and approved "abraisive" that we can use on Diamond Shield?

I use 303 as a protectant after the Diamond Shield is clear of bugs, but unless you get the splattered bugs each day, trying to get dried bug "remains" off the Diamond Shield is a chore. Anyone found something slightly abrasive to help with bug carcass removal on Diamond Shield?

Gary

Ricci 05-13-2022 10:41 AM

Hi Gary - Not an abrasive but I have always found that old style black streak remover will lift most any dead bug. Let it soak for a minute and keep it wet and not in the sun.

Tom

BobGed 05-13-2022 11:05 AM

I would suggest calling Diamond Shield, (888) 806-5862, and ask for Rock (yes that's a real person) or Brett and get their recommendation.

brobox 05-13-2022 11:34 AM

In the search function.https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/whi...gs-292698.html The do work better than anything I have tried.

Instead of 303 I switch to Rid X, it works much better, even love bugs don't stick.

wrvond 05-13-2022 11:51 AM

Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover

Gary.Jones 05-13-2022 12:20 PM

I was the third responder on the link that you provided and I have had the Norwex cloth for a long time..... but have not tried it recently. I will give it another try. Thanks..

Gary

brobox 05-13-2022 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary.Jones (Post 6180147)
I was the third responder on the link that you provided and I have had the Norwex cloth for a long time..... but have not tried it recently. I will give it another try. Thanks..

Gary

That is one major drawback of owning a 45 footer. We have more "stuff" that we have forgotten we even had. :D Been there, I took two pickup loads to the Salvation Army on the last purchase.

ROUGHRIDER3 05-13-2022 12:58 PM

Peroxicide, use it on motorcycles and bugs just melt away. Doesn,t hurt paint or windshield. Check with Diamond Shield first.

Balladeer 05-13-2022 01:13 PM

Bug Removal

I have had the best success with "bugs-b-gone" made by Sea Foam

Just spray on, let set for about two minutes and wash with clean water.
Maybe a light scrub with windshield brush/squeegee)

Comes in various sizes. Large one for long trips. :)

Fair winds and down hill grades...Balladeer

Gary.Jones 05-13-2022 01:14 PM

I'll write that down.... and check with Diamond Shield.

Thanks

Gary

RVFunlovers 05-13-2022 01:52 PM

I need to try something. Water and microfiber towels are wearing me out. It takes me as long to clean the front cap and front windshield as it does to clean both sides of the coach.

spuds 05-13-2022 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary.Jones (Post 6179945)
Is there any safe and approved "abraisive" that we can use on Diamond Shield?

I use 303 as a protectant after the Diamond Shield is clear of bugs, but unless you get the splattered bugs each day, trying to get dried bug "remains" off the Diamond Shield is a chore. Anyone found something slightly abrasive to help with bug carcass removal on Diamond Shield?

Gary

We used a Wash Wax All/Aero Cosmetics Bug Buster (now called the Bug Scrubber) on our Diamond Shield

Really like their waterless wash/wax system

buddy110 05-14-2022 04:38 AM

! It pop

Gary,
Last fall after a summer of bug guts being splattered all over the front of the coach I took to my Random orbital and some 3M swirl remover followed by some 3M microfine non filling polish. It came out great. I have pictures on my phone but they don't seem to want to upload this morning. both swirl remover and the microfine polish are very mild abrasives. I then recoated with some ceramic pro coating WOW!

I liked the results so much I had a ceramic coated PPF applied to the cap. The bugs come off so much easier than they did from the clear coat. I can text you the pictures if you like. DM me a number. I'll try uploading them later

buddy110 05-14-2022 04:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Got them