iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Toy Haulers Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f49/)
-   -   Toyhauler Weights (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f49/toyhauler-weights-5850.html)

Clomok 03-19-2019 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by learntorv (Post 4685292)
First, if you haven't used it- the Weigh My Truck app is awesome. No more stretching to hit the call button. And no more running inside to get a weigh slip.

These weighings were of my 2017 Spartan 1245 pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 dually (crew cab, long bed, 4x4, Laramie):

its interesing the wight differnt in trucks, my 12 Ram CC DRW Laramie empty

Steer; 5000
Drive; 3800

1/2 tank of fuel, empty 100 gal aluminum diesel tank.

anyways reweighed the my 07 Ragen yesterday coming home from the shop on a ODOT

Truck is a 12 Ram CC DRW 4x4
Trialer is a 07 Rage'n 36-05 BH, when scaled, all tanks empty, 1/2 tank of gas, 4 GC2's in front storage(4' to the rear of stock location) minimal personal affects

Steer 5000
Drive 3800
Empty 8800

Loaded
Steer 5000
Drive 8100
3 axle grp 10800
Total 23900

trailer weight 15100
trailer pin 4300
pin % 28%


brochure says pin weight of 2490 and a UVAW of 7950...No wonder they got sued for misrepresenting weights...

learntorv 03-19-2019 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clomok (Post 4685749)
its interesing the wight differnt in trucks, my 12 Ram CC DRW Laramie empty

Steer; 5000
Drive; 3800

I should have better described it. Truck was far from empty. Me, wife, 2 kids, travel day activities, water, snacks, and whatnot in the truck. Truck bed is full on all sides around the hitch.

The attached pic is the new truck with heavier hitch AND the attached picture is missing the grill, propane fire pit, and few blocks of wood that go at the back of the truck bed.

drittal 04-03-2019 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cyclone 3611 JS

16,115 with empty tanks and partial camping gear, no toy on a 17,000lb GVWR.

Attachment 240587

Overweight with a tank of water. RZR 900 in the back and the trailer axle weight jumps to 14,820lbs on twin 7k axles...

Dfb 05-30-2019 08:40 AM

Thanks

fishnick2401 06-18-2019 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drittal (Post 4709368)
Cyclone 3611 JS

16,115 with empty tanks and partial camping gear, no toy on a 17,000lb GVWR.

Attachment 240587

Overweight with a tank of water. RZR 900 in the back and the trailer axle weight jumps to 14,820lbs on twin 7k axles...

Hi, do you know what your pin weight is and what is your tow vehicle? Just shopping around and was liking the cyclone 4113

avvidclif 07-21-2019 05:33 PM

Current weights.


Truck
FA 4800
RA 4240
GW 9040
65 Gal diesel


Total
FA 4820
RA 7700
RV 12660
GW 25180
35 gal diesel in TV

bike in garage, ~25gal gas, 25 gal water


When you subtract 250 lbs for diesel the pin weight is 3710 and 16320 actual with a GVWR of 15500 on the RV. 2 7k axles so none of the axles, truck or rv is over. If the water tank were full (add 75 gal.640 lbs) the rv would be ~1500 overweight but not over on any axles, rv or truck.

Scott-McC 09-10-2019 09:02 PM

Interesting and Helpful
 
[QUOTE=txtinman;4685217]Truck is a 2018 F350 DRW. Fiver is a 2018 Heartland RW426 toy hauler. At the time of weighing the truck had 48 gallons of diesel, a tool box of about 150 lbs and a Andersen hitch. The TH had a motorcycle of approximately 600 lbs, no fresh water, 20 gal of gas for the generator. My height was 1 inch higher at the rear a/c.[/QUOTE


Thanks for this post! It is probably the most detailed and informative I've seen so far.

I'm curious if anyone has compared weights of their Toy Haulers with toys in garage compared to without, everything else being equal and preferably loaded for travel. My initial (pre purchase) calculations lead me to believe that putting 2000 pounds of toys (two full size HD's) in the garage will actually decease the pin weight. Everything in front of the trailer axles will increase the pin weight. Based on a typical 40 5er TH, I'm figuring that the 2000 pounds in the garage could potentially take between 500 and 1000 pounds off the pin.

If I wasn't trying to fit a new Tow Vehicle in my garage, I'd just get a 3500 DRW. The 2019's and 2020's are very impressive. I know a lot of advice points away from SRW's, but if the real world weights don't exceed the real world capacities, I'm inclined to accept the downsides. I'm seriously considering a 2020 GMC 3500 SRW that might have about 4000 pounds payload capacity.

I appreciate any real world comparisons.

drittal 09-10-2019 09:04 PM

[QUOTE=Scott-McC;4950977]
Quote:

Originally Posted by txtinman (Post 4685217)
Truck is a 2018 F350 DRW. Fiver is a 2018 Heartland RW426 toy hauler. At the time of weighing the truck had 48 gallons of diesel, a tool box of about 150 lbs and a Andersen hitch. The TH had a motorcycle of approximately 600 lbs, no fresh water, 20 gal of gas for the generator. My height was 1 inch higher at the rear a/c.[/QUOTE


Thanks for this post! It is probably the most detailed and informative I've seen so far.

I'm curious if anyone has compared weights of their Toy Haulers with toys in garage compared to without, everything else being equal and preferably loaded for travel. My initial (pre purchase) calculations lead me to believe that putting 2000 pounds of toys (two full size HD's) in the garage will actually decease the pin weight. Everything in front of the trailer axles will increase the pin weight. Based on a typical 40 5er TH, I'm figuring that the 2000 pounds in the garage could potentially take between 500 and 1000 pounds off the pin.

If I wasn't trying to fit a new Tow Vehicle in my garage, I'd just get a 3500 DRW. The 2019's and 2020's are very impressive. I know a lot of advice points away from SRW's, but if the real world weights don't exceed the real world capacities, I'm inclined to accept the downsides. I'm seriously considering a 2020 GMC 3500 SRW that might have about 4000 pounds payload capacity.

I appreciate any real world comparisons.



1300lbs rzr 900 in cyclone 3611 takes 900lbs of the tongue and adds 2200 to the axles.

Scott-McC 09-13-2019 07:45 AM

More than I expected
 
[QUOTE=drittal;4950981]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott-McC (Post 4950977)



1300lbs rzr 900 in cyclone 3611 takes 900lbs of the tongue and adds 2200 to the axles.

Thanks for the response and information. That is more dramatic than I expected, but confirms the theory.

avvidclif 09-14-2019 04:32 AM

I would want to see the scale tickets for that. How does adding 1300 lbs increase it 2200???

drittal 09-14-2019 08:22 AM

Toyhauler Weights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by avvidclif (Post 4955509)
I would want to see the scale tickets for that. How does adding 1300 lbs increase it 2200???



Adding 1300lbs in the garage puts that 1300 on the axles. Being that the garage is behind the axles that 1300lbs leverages 900lbs off the pin and on to the axles, increasing the weight on the axles a total of 2200lbs while the pin gets lighter by 900.

Empty: 16,155 Pin: 3785 Axles: 12379

RZR only: 17,505 Pin: 2685 Axles: 14820

Flyinace 09-24-2019 05:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Cat scale weight for my setup...
2018 ram 3500 crew 4x4 6.4L hemi
2016 Stryker 2912
2018 can am x3 xrs

Me the wife ready for camping full tank of gas in truck and fuel station full

Truck 7560lbs
Truck and trailer 17840 lbs


Wags the tail worse than a happy dog

Clomok 09-24-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyinace (Post 4969622)
Cat scale weight for my setup...
2018 ram 3500 crew 4x4 6.4L hemi
2016 Stryker 2912
2018 can am x3 xrs

Me the wife ready for camping full tank of gas in truck and fuel station full

Truck 7560lbs
Truck and trailer 17840 lbs


Wags the tail worse than a happy dog


Do you back the can am in or nose forward? Iíve seen a lot of guys have to back the cars in to get some tongue weight back

McRod 09-24-2019 02:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
You guys make me feel FAT!.

This 28k weigh is my standard full load, truck and trailer when going long distance... No toyhauler. We full-time. Overweight on the drive axle by 780lbs, but I was carrying an additional 105 gallons of diesel which weighs 745lbs.

When I want to bring my SxS (last pic), I triple tow an additional 3k. Obviously, GVW is overweight by 1k doing so.

The RV has 8k axles/suspension/disc brakes, if anyone is wondering.

2014 Ram 3500 DRW
2013 Montana Big Sky
2019 Prowler Pro


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.