iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   Alignment places (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/alignment-places-585990.html)

Loose 07-02-2022 08:24 AM

Alignment places

Iím in the South Georgia area and desperately need my Thor Hurricane aligned. I recently had the Safety Plus installed and having steering issues. Anyone know where to take motorhome for alignment?

Loose

inthepines 07-02-2022 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loose (Post 6232937)
Iím in the South Georgia area and desperately need my Thor Hurricane aligned. I recently had the Safety Plus installed and having steering issues. Anyone know where to take motorhome for alignment?

Loose

look for a semi truck repair shop, they will have the experience in alignments on big rigs. Maybe someone will chime in on a reputable shop in your area.

wolfe10 07-02-2022 08:46 AM

Is the problem the accurate centering of the Safe-T-Plus or other alignment issue. Details please.

And when asking chassis-related questions, suggest including what year model and chassis you have in the post.

Good luck with this.

creativepart 07-02-2022 03:49 PM

I went to a Semi-Truck alignment shop. Seems that Semis go through a lot of tires due to the miles they put on and to reduce the wear on those tires they routinely have the trucks alignment checked/set.

The place I went in San Antonio was out by all the truck depots and near all the major interstates. They get a number of Class A motorhomes but Semi "tractors" were coming and going all the time. It was $200 to get a full alignment.

wolfe10 07-02-2022 06:01 PM

If the issue is centering of the Safe-T-Plus, you do NOT need an alignment shop. Easily done by most owners with nothing more than a wrench to loosen the tie-rod bracket/attachment for the Safe-T-Plus, a bit of tape to mark its position (to make small adjustments easy) and perhaps a hammer to tap the bracket/attachment slightly one way or the other.

This assumes that there are no other alignment issues.

Said another way, installing the Safe-T-Plus would not have change any alignment settings.

Loose 07-03-2022 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfe10 (Post 6232960)
Is the problem the accurate centering of the Safe-T-Plus or other alignment issue. Details please.

And when asking chassis-related questions, suggest including what year model and chassis you have in the post.

Good luck with this.

Not sure what the problem is. Just hard to control on road.
My motorhome is a 2018 Thor Hurricane 34J on a Ford Chassis V10 Gas

CptBill 07-03-2022 12:07 PM

Take the Safety plus off and see if you have the same issue

johnhicks 07-03-2022 12:16 PM

Goodyear/Wingfoot Wingfoot Commercial Tire - All Locations

wolfe10 07-03-2022 12:17 PM

Have you started with the basics:

Tire pressure per tire manufacturer's recommendation for your actual weight plus a small safety margin (yes, requires weighing the axles).

No worn parts-- check sway bar bushings in particular.

Play in steering box/linkages?

Loose 07-04-2022 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfe10 (Post 6234048)
Have you started with the basics:

Tire pressure per tire manufacturer's recommendation for your actual weight plus a small safety margin (yes, requires weighing the axles).

No worn parts-- check sway bar bushings in particular.

Play in steering box/linkages?

Yes I have adjusted the tire pressure per axle weight and no change in behavior.

Loose 07-04-2022 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptBill (Post 6234030)
Take the Safety plus off and see if you have the same issue

I suppose thatís an option if I canít find an alignment place.

Loose 07-04-2022 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnhicks (Post 6234046)

Very helpful site. Thank you

Loose 08-03-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativepart (Post 6233324)
I went to a Semi-Truck alignment shop. Seems that Semis go through a lot of tires due to the miles they put on and to reduce the wear on those tires they routinely have the trucks alignment checked/set.

The place I went in San Antonio was out by all the truck depots and near all the major interstates. They get a number of Class A motorhomes but Semi "tractors" were coming and going all the time. It was $200 to get a full alignment.

Thanks for the info. Iíll check with local Truck places

Gidyupgo 09-21-2022 08:37 PM

If you are still looking. These guys are great.
https://www.trucktrailermacon.com/