iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Lee's blog (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/lees-blog-61426.html)

Lee Litchfield 12-22-2009 08:38 PM

Lee's blog

I've started a daily blog last week on our website to help RVers keep up with what's going on in the RV market. It's from a dealer's perspective and should give you information faster, especially with Newmar. I plan on answering questions and would appreciate any comments on what you think of it. Is it beneficial or should I not waste my time? It's a lot of work and I would like the forum's opinions. Answering questions or responding to comments would seem to be easier than having to come up with a topic most every day.

A couple of examples of the blog to date: Today I reported on the new NADA RV Appraisal Guide having values unbelievably going higher instead of depreciating. Yesterday it was about Spartan Motors and a possible chassis and good engine shortage.

Here's the direct link https://www.leesrv.com/blog/ It can also be accessed
from the homepage. It's a big button towards the bottom of the page.

Lee Litchfield

69RoadRunner 12-22-2009 09:05 PM

I like it! It's great getting info like this from an insider.

Route 66 12-23-2009 07:17 AM

Lee, your posts have always been quite informative and I think the blog is a good idea.

Skipper 05MA 12-23-2009 07:37 AM

Lee, I went back and read them all. Very informative, objective and enlightening. Hopefully, you will find the time and subject matter to continue updating.

GaryKD 12-23-2009 05:15 PM

Lee's blog entry for 12/21 indicates Spartan may not be able to meet RV (Newmar) demand. I wonder if Freightliner may now carry some Newmar coaches? hmmmmm..............

bcbounders 12-23-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryKD (Post 581596)
Lee's blog entry for 12/21 indicates Spartan may not be able to meet RV (Newmar) demand. I wonder if Freightliner may now carry some Newmar coaches? hmmmmm..............

Gary,

I believe that Lee's comment was only in regard to Spartan chassis that have the "more desirable engines"... i.e. pre-2010 emissions-qualified engines. Newmar only had a handful of those chassis left for building coaches... after that, they will only be building coaches with engines that comply with the new, stricter 2010 emissions requirements.

I don't think his statement applied to Spartan's ability to meet Newmar's demand.

GaryKD 12-24-2009 08:36 AM

Hi John,
Time will tell. You heard it here first.

Lee Litchfield 12-24-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcbounders (Post 581734)
Gary,

I believe that Lee's comment was only in regard to Spartan chassis that have the "more desirable engines"... i.e. pre-2010 emissions-qualified engines. Newmar only had a handful of those chassis left for building coaches... after that, they will only be building coaches with engines that comply with the new, stricter 2010 emissions requirements.

I don't think his statement applied to Spartan's ability to meet Newmar's demand.

You may both be right. I am thinking that Spartan may not stockpile the old engines. That could open the door for Freightliner. Lee

Route 66 12-24-2009 02:16 PM

Well.................I'll have to ask Gordie at the Tampa show in a few weeks.:cool:

GaryKD 12-24-2009 03:09 PM

Hi Dirk,
Consider asking John Sammut directly at the Newmar executive meeting with the rally attendees.

soricobob 12-25-2009 05:04 AM

If Spartan can't meet Newmar's demand for engines then Spartan is in pretty bad shape.

GaryKD 12-25-2009 07:25 AM

Hi soricobob,
Spartan, Inc. is in great shape. Lee's blog may have "hit the nail on the head". Spartan may have a better deal with its' other businesses. Every company has a limit on its' resources. Every company must make decisions that are best for the company. It may be more of won't than can't.

Route 66 12-25-2009 07:45 AM

Spartan had a press release some time ago about the RV chassis business was too slow and not very profitable.

This was causing them to evaluate the direction they wished to take the company.

I, for one, hope their RV chassis business picks up and becomes an important part of their business.

read & learn 12-25-2009 08:02 AM

Does not Comfort Drive become available shortly to other chassis builder?