iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   MH-General Discussions & Problems (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/)
-   -   Can I calibrate my auto level jacks? (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/can-i-calibrate-my-auto-level-jacks-68908.html)

Gotta_P 05-30-2010 08:33 AM

Can I calibrate my auto level jacks?

:confused: I have the Power Gear Electric Auto Level system on my MH, and I can be on a perfectly level surface, hit the auto level button and the coach will not be level when the leveling process is complete! :sad: Is the an adjustment for the leveling sensor, or some way to recalibrate the system once you have manually leveled the coach so next time I auto level, it will actually be level? :confused:

HMXDave 05-30-2010 11:17 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I downloaded these PDFs from the Powergear website....Tip Sheet 153 is the re-calibration procedure that worked for me.

Gotta_P 05-30-2010 07:54 PM

Thanks, looks like everything I need to recalibrate the system. Where is the Control Box located? I seems I need to know if it has a caable connected to the Auxillary Recepticle or not to program it.

HMXDave 06-01-2010 03:26 PM

I never even found mine....just tried the reset proceedure from the touchpad and it all went as described.

Gotta_P 06-06-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMXDave (Post 649125)
I never even found mine....just tried the reset proceedure from the touchpad and it all went as described.

Dave,

Interesting discovery when I went to the RV today... I finally got a chance to run through the re-calibrtion procedures. Guess what, the floor of my RV is not level!

We had it in to our dealer several times because it would never sit level after running it on auto, and each time they swore they had leveled it and reset the zero point. Well, now I know why!

After running through the entire sequence with the level on the floor, it still was not level (bathroom door test failed, would still swing open). And we we looked at the RV from the outside it was obvious it was not level, which we confirmed with the level on the outside of the coach! So, I went through the procedure again and used the Kitchen counter instead of the floor. This time it passed the bathroom door test, and when we checked the outside of the coach, it was level. So, hopefully that problem is now resolved, we'll just have to live with the fact our floor is not level! :thumb:

azloafer 06-06-2010 06:56 PM

We have a different brand leveling system but it also has the choice of manual or auto leveling. There is also a procedure for recalibration. We have chosen to us the manual mode because the auto mode seemed to be so harsh. It would bounce the coach around while it leveled it. The end result may be level but it seemed to be too strong in its effort to get there. The manual level seems much better. The bottom of the frig, according to instructions, is what should be level. We found that the cabinet top above the level control panel was level when the frig was level so we mounted a small bubble level there and use it to manually level the coach. Manual leveling just seems to be smoother and less strain on the coach. Having the coach bounce around can't be beneficial. At least that is what we have experienced. Joe

Gotta_P 06-06-2010 07:15 PM

azloafer,

The Power Gear system is pretty smooth when it's auto leveling, no more jerky or rough than doing it manually. My only problem was the fact it was not level once it was done, and I feel pretty confident that was because the floor is not level and that was the reference the factory and the dealership probably used. Once we realized it was not actually level when the floor showed level, we re-calibrated using the counter top and all is well now!

donie 06-08-2010 09:31 AM

FWIW, we have a 08 Monaco with the Power Gear setup and found the same prob.
Using the kitchen counter showed almost perfect level but the floor showed half to full bubble off.
The shower would have a small mount of standing water in a corner even when the system showed level.
Thanks for the PDF.
After looking at the file box that came with ours, the leveling system file is empty.
Now its got something in it.
Im going to try a reset and see what happens.