iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   5th Wheel Discussion (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   video connector (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/video-connector-71515.html)

photo7 07-14-2010 02:24 PM

video connector

the video connector on the side of my trailer will only send video if i use a video modulator box. it has a 12 volt antenna booster for a roofmount antenna i tried disconnecting the booster and cableing direct with the external video connector to no avail.any thoughts would be appreciated.

DriVer 07-14-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo7 (Post 669659)
the video connector on the side of my trailer will only send video if i use a video modulator box. it has a 12 volt antenna booster for a roofmount antenna i tried disconnecting the booster and cableing direct with the external video connector to no avail.any thoughts would be appreciated.

photo7, Check into the Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. (10 Viewing)

Welcome to iRV2.com! :wavey: Please come back and visit often!

wa8yxm 07-14-2010 08:30 PM

First,,, I have NEVER seen a trailer with a video connector on the side. Never.

I have seen

lonewolf2810 07-17-2010 07:37 AM

I think he means the cable connector on the outside of the unit.

StStg1 07-17-2010 10:54 AM

If he means the cable connector, I tried running my DTV sat dish through it and it wouldn't work. I solved the problem by adding another "cable connector" to the outside of my TT and running RG6 coax through an A-B switch to the sat reciever. I connected the "cable" RG59 coax to the other side of the switch so I can now use cable, antenna or sat to view on my tv. Remember, if you are using the cable to view, then the antena booster must be turned off. This worked for me.

lonewolf2810 07-17-2010 04:58 PM

Being that you ran another cable how did you run it as I am thinking of doing this for my DTV sat hook up??

wa8yxm 07-17-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf2810 (Post 670947)
I think he means the cable connector on the outside of the unit.

That is what I figured too... Much of my post seems not to have posted (in case it looked cut off)

The connector he thinks is a video connector is a park-cable RF (Radio Frequency or Antenna) connector. Hence the need for a modulator.

Some rigs have a box with many buttons.. They are grouped according to televisions or destination device.. Example
TV-1 VCR, TV-2 TV-3
And in each group (Save VCR has no VCR button) there are buttons with names like TV-ANT, Cable, SAT, DVD, VCR.

In those units, the box with the buttons.... Does, indeed, have a set of Video Connectors (Red-White-Yellow RCA or Phono jacks usually) and of course.. The box contains a modulator.

Hint to Original poster.. Consumer Video connectors do not have threads.. RF (Specifically "F" type) connectors do (As do a number of others, but they are RF or industrial Video, not consumer video)

StStg1 07-18-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf2810 (Post 671170)
Being that you ran another cable how did you run it as I am thinking of doing this for my DTV sat hook up??

I drilled a hole large enough for the coax from the inside of entertaiment center, being careful not to hit any wiring in the outsde wall and being low enough from the outside of the TT so I could reach the connection. Then ran the RG6 coax with the connector through the wall and attached it to the outside cable connector and attached that to the outside wall using the screws provided and the sealing putty type stuff. That gave me a good water tight seal from the outside. The RG6 was then attached to one side of the A-B switch.

photo7 07-18-2010 12:30 PM

thanks

thank you for the help i am going to install a seperate connector like you suggested to a a/b switch

lonewolf2810 07-19-2010 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StStg1 (Post 671505)
I drilled a hole large enough for the coax from the inside of entertaiment center, being careful not to hit any wiring in the outsde wall and being low enough from the outside of the TT so I could reach the connection. Then ran the RG6 coax with the connector through the wall and attached it to the outside cable connector and attached that to the outside wall using the screws provided and the sealing putty type stuff. That gave me a good water tight seal from the outside. The RG6 was then attached to one side of the A-B switch.

Thank you for the info I will give it a try as it sounds kind of simple.