iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Damon (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/)
-   -   new to us - 02 Damon Ultrasport (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/new-to-us-02-damon-ultrasport-75188.html)

bobbiev 09-11-2010 01:28 PM

new to us - 02 Damon Ultrasport

We just bought a 2002 Damon Ultrasport 3679. We are in the St. Louis area and hubby will retire next year so we are planning to get more mileage out of the Class. We had a 1990 30' Rexhall Airex for past travels. It was gas and now we have dp.

Wondering if anyone has added electric outlets to the bedroom. I sleep with a cpap machine and the closest plug is nearly 15' away when the slideout is out.

Also, I am wondering where the inverter outlet might be and how to power it up when traveling? Would that also work with the water pump while stopped to be able to use the toilet?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Bobbie

historyljc 09-11-2010 07:34 PM

Welcome Bobbie,
I can't help you with your outlet questions. I sure some of the Damon owners can. That's what's so great about this forum. I do have a word of caution. Be careful using your CPAP on the inverter if it is a modified sine wave inverter. Some machines do not get along well (at all) with the modified sine wave inversters. If necessary you may wish to consider getting a small full wave inverter to run to your machine.

bobbiev 09-11-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by historyljc (Post 701035)
Welcome Bobbie,
I can't help you with your outlet questions. I sure some of the Damon owners can. That's what's so great about this forum. I do have a word of caution. Be careful using your CPAP on the inverter if it is a modified sine wave inverter. Some machines do not get along well (at all) with the modified sine wave inversters. If necessary you may wish to consider getting a small full wave inverter to run to your machine.

I was not planning to use the cpap with the inverter. The inverter is for my laptop as we travel down the road so I can use my map program to guide us as well as check email once in a while.

The power cord would be used for the cpap but would have to be run along the floor for about 15 feet. I had so many outlets everywhere in my old rv and so few in this one. I cannot even plug in an alarm clock near my bed. If it is too far away, I will not hear it.

Thanks for the welcome and your response. I hope to find someone who can answer some questions about the Damon as it is so different from my Airex.

Thanks again, Bobbie

powerboatr 09-11-2010 10:33 PM

i would read the book about the installed inverter.
or go to the manf. website to see if its good for electronics

as for outlets, you can add them easy enough.
i have added several to our rig

decide where you want it, then scout out a source to tap into
my slides all have junction boxes for the electrical either in a bay near the slide or like the bed slide on the floor under the bed.

i purchased some brown outlets form homei depot and blue old work boxes with ears

just dont exceed the amp rating for the cb of the circuit you tap into.

hope it helps

OneRVer 09-11-2010 10:53 PM

As well as using the toilet, your water pump is 12 volts DC. As long as you have a good battery and a good pump you will have water.

bobbiev 09-12-2010 07:24 AM

02 Damon Ultrasport

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerboatr (Post 701119)
i would read the book about the installed inverter.
or go to the manf. website to see if its good for electronics

as for outlets, you can add them easy enough.
i have added several to our rig

decide where you want it, then scout out a source to tap into
my slides all have junction boxes for the electrical either in a bay near the slide or like the bed slide on the floor under the bed.

i purchased some brown outlets form homei depot and blue old work boxes with ears

just dont exceed the amp rating for the cb of the circuit you tap into.

hope it helps

I will try Damon's website again but the book does not tell me where to find the inverter and if it is on all the time or I have to switch it on.

I have an electician friend and will tell him what you said about the power. I had no idea how to begin, even.

Thanks, Bobbie

bobbiev 09-12-2010 07:25 AM

02 Damon Ultrasport

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneRVer (Post 701126)
As well as using the toilet, your water pump is 12 volts DC. As long as you have a good battery and a good pump you will have water.

Thank you. My old coach had to have the power turned on on the dash to be able to use electrical while driving.

Bobbie

powerboatr 09-12-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbiev (Post 701211)
I will try Damon's website again but the book does not tell me where to find the inverter and if it is on all the time or I have to switch it on.

I have an electician friend and will tell him what you said about the power. I had no idea how to begin, even.

Thanks, Bobbie

email tony at thor services with your vin
tpiwoszkin@damonrv.com
let him know your looking for the bay in which your inverter is installed.
he has been great in the past helping out

bobbiev 09-12-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerboatr (Post 701367)
email tony at thor services with your vin
tpiwoszkin@damonrv.com
let him know your looking for the bay in which your inverter is installed.
he has been great in the past helping out

I will do that right now. Thanks. Bobbie