iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Just Conversation (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/)
-   -   Where do you live poll (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/where-do-you-live-poll-94453.html)

hondo122 06-12-2011 12:37 PM

Where do you live poll

Just wanted to see where we all call home and why we live there. Born and raised in Philadelphia the birt place of Liberty

coffeeman 06-12-2011 12:54 PM

Here in South Carolina its "where we stays" and "we stays rural"

wildtoad 06-12-2011 12:57 PM

Lived in SC most of my life. Love the climate (Ok is a bit hot in the summer), the ability to play golf just about all year round, friendly people and of course my family is here. If I could not live here, somewhere in the mid west would be my second choice as long as I would not be forced to join a union just to get a job. (sorry for that last one!)

Route 66 06-12-2011 01:00 PM

Northern Delaware.

Nuge 06-12-2011 01:11 PM

I live in Hammond, IN., a suburb of Chicago, IL.

Possum 06-12-2011 01:17 PM

Rural on the edge of a Small town with asperations of becomming a Big town with a Suburban flair but just below the size of a City

Port Alberni, British Columbia is on the west coast of the Island but closer geographically to the east coast of that same island. We are a small town in transition from a once very highly paid forestry products town which got its butt kicked when the forestry related housing market took a bad turn.

Lots of places to fish (salt water and fresh water) and camp and go sightseeing. Nine miles past world famous Cathedral Grove and a stopping off point for people heading to the Ucluelet, Tofino and Long Beach tourist magnets.

We have some great tourist attractions in their own right and I would recommend our Frances Barkley Boat trip or our Steam Train / Steam Sawmill combination very highly. Port is also home to the famous Martin Mars Water Bombers out at Sproat Lake just west of town. There ain't nothing that flies that can compete with these guys for getting tons of water on a wildfire and very quickly getting back with another drop.

Please see: Alberni Heritage | Martin Mars - Coulson Flying Tankers - The World's Largest Flying Boats Ever Flown Operationally
Lady Rose Marine Services - Daytrips, Kayaking And Lodging

YouTube - ‪Adventure Tourism in the Alberni Valley‬‏
YouTube - ‪Martin Mars Fights Fire at Shasta Lake‬‏

I could go on but then I'd be bragging. :whistling:

Aguyfromcalg 06-12-2011 01:21 PM

Calgary Alberta Canada

John H... 06-12-2011 01:22 PM

I was born in Paris, France and came to western PA when I was 2 years old. Have lived here ever since.

Smokyjoe 06-12-2011 01:28 PM

Born in Miami,Fl. . Live in Cashiers, NC the last 27 years.

Senior Chief 06-12-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuge (Post 877294)
I live in Hammond, IN., a suburb of Chicago, IL.

I was BORN in Hammond, lived in Whiting until age 11. Lots of relatives there still.

Now we live in a tin box with round black things on the bottom...

Rapid Robert 06-12-2011 01:56 PM

Born in San Diego raised on a farm in Iowa did military service in Tenn. (Millington) and on the river "Semper Paradus," 25 years in San Fernado valley (SOCAL), 25 years in Gold Country near Sacramento (NORCAL) & retired on a ranch near Tuson AZ.

"Got A DOG FOR MY KID, THE BEST TRADE I EVER MADE"

whem2fish 06-12-2011 02:16 PM

south west of ft worth 30 mi.

hondo122 06-12-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Possum (Post 877301)
Rural on the edge of a Small town with asperations of becomming a Big town with a Suburban flair but just below the size of a City

Port Alberni, British Columbia is on the west coast of the Island but closer geographically to the east coast of that same island. We are a small town in transition from a once very highly paid forestry products town which got its butt kicked when the forestry related housing market took a bad turn.

Lots of places to fish (salt water and fresh water) and camp and go sightseeing. Nine miles past world famous Cathedral Grove and a stopping off point for people heading to the Ucluelet, Tofino and Long Beach tourist magnets.

We have some great tourist attractions in their own right and I would recommend our Frances Barkley Boat trip or our Steam Train / Steam Sawmill combination very highly. Port is also home to the famous Martin Mars Water Bombers out at Sproat Lake just west of town. There ain't nothing that flies that can compete with these guys for getting tons of water on a wildfire and very quickly getting back with another drop.

Please see: Alberni Heritage | Martin Mars - Coulson Flying Tankers - The World's Largest Flying Boats Ever Flown Operationally
Lady Rose Marine Services - Daytrips, Kayaking And Lodging

YouTube - ‪Adventure Tourism in the Alberni Valley‬‏
YouTube - ‪Martin Mars Fights Fire at Shasta Lake‬‏

I could go on but then I'd be bragging. :whistling:

You have to be on the chamber of commerce, if not you should be. You have my interest :thumb:

RustyJC 06-12-2011 03:07 PM

We live NW of Houston, Texas. I was born on Galveston (that makes me a BOI, or born on island) and fully intend to spend the rest of my life here in Texas.

Rusty