iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (https://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   RV Systems & Appliances (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/)
-   -   Adding HD to King Dome (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/adding-hd-to-king-dome-9774.html)

John Hilley 09-15-2007 12:29 PM

I just finished helping a friend add HD to the King Dome in His 2007 Winnebago Vectra 40TD. Adding the adapter for channel 110 was easy and is only a couple of connections. Getting audio and video to the TV was difficult. There is no provision for HDMI and there didn't appear to be an easy way to run an HDMI cable between the front over head cabinets and the TV in the passenger side slide. Winnebago feeds the audio output from the Sharp TV to the Sony Home Theater receiver in the overhead cabinets. They used a Yellow/Red/White cable and didn't use the Yellow video cable. We connected the Yellow cable to Input 2 at the TV. At the Sony receiver end we put an A/B RCA Phono Plug switch. We connected the Yellow from the TV to Yellow on the switch output. We unplugged the Red & White from the receiver and plugged them into the B side of the switch. We then ran a Yellow/Red/White cable from the HD H20 receiver to the A side of switch. With the new switch in the A position we have HD on Input 2 of the TV and with it on B we have DVD on Input 1 of the TV. We left the component video cables from the Sony receiver intact between receiver and TV. We then added a modulator to the output of the HD receiver and fed it into the SAT IN of the TV switch in overhead cabinet. This adds SAT to bedroom TV and to the TV Input of the TV.

John Hilley 09-15-2007 12:29 PM

I just finished helping a friend add HD to the King Dome in His 2007 Winnebago Vectra 40TD. Adding the adapter for channel 110 was easy and is only a couple of connections. Getting audio and video to the TV was difficult. There is no provision for HDMI and there didn't appear to be an easy way to run an HDMI cable between the front over head cabinets and the TV in the passenger side slide. Winnebago feeds the audio output from the Sharp TV to the Sony Home Theater receiver in the overhead cabinets. They used a Yellow/Red/White cable and didn't use the Yellow video cable. We connected the Yellow cable to Input 2 at the TV. At the Sony receiver end we put an A/B RCA Phono Plug switch. We connected the Yellow from the TV to Yellow on the switch output. We unplugged the Red & White from the receiver and plugged them into the B side of the switch. We then ran a Yellow/Red/White cable from the HD H20 receiver to the A side of switch. With the new switch in the A position we have HD on Input 2 of the TV and with it on B we have DVD on Input 1 of the TV. We left the component video cables from the Sony receiver intact between receiver and TV. We then added a modulator to the output of the HD receiver and fed it into the SAT IN of the TV switch in overhead cabinet. This adds SAT to bedroom TV and to the TV Input of the TV.

RV 4 2 09-15-2007 12:58 PM

I am thinking of adding HD to my King Dome too. My problem will be like yours. Making the connections to/from the TV. I am not looking forward to that. Glad everything worked out.