Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2020, 04:27 PM   #1

Alliance RV-who’s seen one?

I have seen a few videos with this new manufacturer. I am intrigued-they have some nice floorplans and seem to include most features we look for. I particularly like the shunning of the touchscreen controls for real switches.

Anybody with some info post up the good, bad and ugly!
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2020, 04:42 PM   #2

Haven't seen one, but I joined their Facebook page. Lots of good info there and their people respond to questions all the time.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:24 PM   #3

They look okay. Not a luxury RV. Just not heavy enough. Maybe Jayco Pinnacle equivilent doubtful of artic fox level. the axles are near midship or ahead to cut down on pin weight. which means fold up stairs inside the entry door
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:17 AM   #4

I saw them at the Md. show and for a new company they have some nice features, not a high end unit I would say more to the upper mid level. Saw some things I liked and also things that still need improvement on but they do listen and respond with why or why they do not do certain things. We would not be replacing our current unit with theirs but who knows in time they may enter the luxury segment.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:38 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies. I didn’t get the impression they were marketing as a “Luxury” model but they look possibly unique?

I also would not be in a hurry to beta test a first year model but I am interested nonetheless.
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:49 PM   #6

Has anyone bought one?

What discount did you MSRP?
BDHPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:50 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We got our 310RL on March 28th from Appleway RV near Spokane WA.

Have not been able to do much with it yet, however we have our first trip planned for mid-June.

Did try to get a Reese Goosebox attached to the trailer (so I would not have a 250+lb hitch in my truck bed) and they could not get it on due to the new designed hitch box area having "lips" and a "cross member" inside.

It was their storage ideas, and their build quality that got me sold, and we bought ours sight unseen.

YMMV.

Good luck!

//KMac
kmac7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 12:05 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Curious, how did you assess build quality if you bought it sight unseen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac7800 View Post
We got our 310RL on March 28th from Appleway RV near Spokane WA.

Have not been able to do much with it yet, however we have our first trip planned for mid-June.

Did try to get a Reese Goosebox attached to the trailer (so I would not have a 250+lb hitch in my truck bed) and they could not get it on due to the new designed hitch box area having "lips" and a "cross member" inside.

It was their storage ideas, and their build quality that got me sold, and we bought ours sight unseen.

YMMV.

Good luck!

//KMac
Old 05-20-2020, 12:21 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The online videos. There are many. And as far as I know this is the only mid-price point Fiver that is warranted for "Full Time" living.

//KMac
kmac7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 08:55 AM   #10
JDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac7800 View Post
The online videos. There are many. And as far as I know this is the only mid-price point Fiver that is warranted for "Full Time" living.

//KMac
The Jayco Pinnacle, Grand Design Solitude and Durango Gold all say they warranted for full time use. They are similar priced to the Alliance. We want to make a change in the next year and have been studying the options. Of the ones we've been able to see we do like the Pinnacle best. I like the fact the Jayco and the Durango have 2 year warranties.

Alliance has a new dealer not far from us but no units yet. When they start getting some, which may be a while, we will give them the wife test. She can pick them apart with the best of them.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:29 AM   #11

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
I like the Jayco line-up, too.
I'd even look at Montana. It used to be the number one selling fifth wheel for years then they kind of got lost in the competition. But as of late, they have stepped-up their game.
Standard include color-coded wiring, front cap paint, central vac, day/night roller shades, Sailun G rated tires, heavy duty greaseable shackles, 6-point leveling, etc.
They offer a the legacy package which includes disc brakes, electric cord reel, fiberglass rear cap, surge protection as well as some other goodies. Full body paint is also available.
One year warranty plus 3 year structure warranty.
Interior appearance is not the glitz of some but I'd rather have more features.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:32 PM   #12

I walked through one today while walking through a couple Vanleighs.

I was not blown away.

They got the look right, for sure: it had a pretty good presence and I liked the interior color scheme. Build quality of cabinets felt like pretty much every other mid level RV: good door faces but lots of 1/8” sheet. I didn’t find any particle board but I bet it’s there. The shower in the 310RL was a good size and I liked the fold down seat. The doors all shut right and no carpet is a definite plus. I can take or leave the individual switches for everything. Tank capacities are pretty good.

Some of the choices are baffling: CCC is only like 2700 lbs with a 98 gallon (!) fresh tank. No ducting on the ACs in the main area so you know those two ACs are going to be LOUD. And with all those single pane windows they’re going to run ALL THE TIME. You still get those dumb standard tank sensors that work once then never read right again. The furniture felt decidedly rvish— and not in a good way.

For the price point (I figure you could drive away with one under $60k), they’re probably a contender but I feel like they were *holds fingers a couple of inches apart* this close to making merely ok unit into a really great unit.

Tags
alliance, alliance rv, paradigm