Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2020, 03:41 PM   #29

Howdy!

Here is a 2020 DRV listed at PPL. Not a front livingroom but in your price range you list, with all the whistles and bells anyone could want.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-r...uites_rv-44128

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2020, 08:53 PM   #30

thank you everyone I have read all your replies and they are helpful
txamylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:02 PM   #31

Have you considered starting out with a older mid level fifth wheel, say in the $30k range? Try it for a year or so and then trade it in for the high end fifth wheel and the layout you now know you want.
Buying a high end fifth wheel only to discover you don't like it can be a expensive lesson.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:24 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0arp View Post
If I were to do it all over again, that would be my exact list.
Us too... if another Lifestyle was nowhere to be found
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 03:17 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
I TOTALLY disagree with CHUNKER and TOTALLY agree with BRADLEY222. MY VILANO IS ABSOLUTELY GREAT. S COUPLE MINOR ISSUES BUT NOTHING REMARKABLE.
Kendorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:18 PM   #34

As Consolenut says, definitely check out the New Horizons Majestic models. We've had a New Horizons for 12 years of fulltiming & planning to get another 10 out of it. It's the best purchase we've ever made. The only problem for you might be that I don't think they offer a rear bedroom, which is pretty rare in fifth wheels.
freestyle_freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:18 PM   #35

I would look for a used New Horizon or a new Alliance. Both are incredible and made for fulltime living. We have a 2018 Cardinal Estate 3850 which is also a good 5th Wheel. Good luck and happy hunting.
RvRoofPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:26 PM   #36

My brother has a Champagne Edition of Forest River. Stay clear of this style for quality concerns. Look at New Horizons and you will buy one. Big difference in quality between mass produced models and true custom builds. If you want quality stay away from the major manufacturers. I don’t know how to make it clearer.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:55 PM   #37

I bought a Riverstone legacy, I have been extremely happy with this unit. Model # 38re, it is 43', it has a raised rear living, to gain extra storage in the rear. Worth looking at for sure! Enjoy!
richntam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 05:03 PM   #38

Go with your gut !! No one can tell you what fifth wheel is the right one for you !!

Thank you for your service !!!
cj57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:32 PM   #39

You want a rig with a box tube frame. They don’t make them like that anymore, so that means buy a used Carriage, Teton, Travel Supreme, Excel, prior to 2012 DRV Mobile Suits, or A New Horizons used.

Even New Horizons is now using a I-Beam frame. But it’s much larger than anyone else.

DRV Mobile Suits uses a combination I-Beam with a box tube around the axles.

Normal I-beam frames are cut for the slide arms to go thru. Box Tube frames are not. Cutting the frame weakens it and depending how the cuts are made can lead to cracking in the area of the slide arm cut outs. Also many manufacturers do not reinforce the cut out area from both sides and welding is peanut butter.

There was a 2008 Carriage Royals International in Arizona top of the line for $39,000 had everything. Might still be on the RV Trader. There are more.

Anyway be wise do your homework. If you plan to put it on the road and not sit, get a box tube frame with Independent suspension. I known rigs with over 350,000 miles and never had a frame issue.

Buy used and then buy your own warranty. You can completely replace everything inside, repaint the exterior and put a new roof on it and be done around $70 ,000.00

Get the right tow vehicle and put a Trailer Saver Hitch or a Air Safe Hitch. Use a MorRype pin box. You’ll have look to see if it’s hooked up.

Good luck

Dave
CoastalDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 09:18 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by txamylady View Post
My husband and I are looking to purchase a 5th wheel. We would like a used 2017 thru 2019 luxury 5th wheel and are willing to spend up to 110,000. I am retired military and have done so much due diligence that I have totally confused myself. We have looked at the Luxe, the Vilano, Agusta Luxe, Agusta Ambition, DRV....any other suggestions or advice. We want a model with a rear bedroom and front living room. What would you buy for yourself if you were looking in that price range? I am very confused about what brand to get. I hear talk about Thor, and new Luxe vs older Agusta Luxe and really need some sound advice.
I'd suggest spending time on Rolling Retreats website. They're not far from you if you're in TX and their online reputation is unsurpassed. They have some coaches that are definitely in the big fat middle of your with list.
Old 07-19-2020, 10:01 PM   #41

Fifth wheel

I have to vote for anything made by Tiffin. Their line of fifth wheels is top notch. I used to own an allegro bus and service at factory was outstanding. I lived near there so didn’t even use dealer. I have found and easy way to tell the better fifth-wheels and motorhomes. They continue the paint scheme( not decals) on to the sides of the slide outs. Really looks sharp to have paint scheme go everywhere.
Cabinets are better grade of wood not compressed mdf. TV is super important because of weight and comfort.
oubruceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:30 PM   #42

We have been very pleased with our Arctic Fox. Better quality than many.
wetland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, advice, alliance, alliance rv, paradigm