Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2021, 04:42 PM   #43

[QUOTE=Jetflash;57819
Jetflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2021, 04:45 PM   #44

Naught be, goes in next week
Old 06-07-2021, 08:59 PM   #45

Maybe, goes in next week for warranty work
Old 06-08-2021, 10:14 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetflash View Post
...........USB charger on side of bed inoperable. Front door is so tight that it has to be slammed shut hard in order for it to latch. ...........

I noticed the USB charger outlets of my Alliance have rather small recessed receptacles. It worked with genuine Apple cables which have a slim plug but several aftermarket cables with a thicker plug did not go in reliably...I replaced 2 of the USB wall outlets with different wall plates that have quadruple outlets. I really don't need more than 8 outlets and left the other ones alone.

The entry door also needed a serious slam to close but a quick spray of lock lubricant fixed that.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:21 AM   #47

Outdoors RV Owners Club
@Jetflash, you will only have an inverter from the factory if you have the residential refrigerator.

As far as the sensors, the 1/3, 2/3, Full sensors never work or work only for a little while due to reason noted above. If you want to get around this, there are many after market solutions. I myself had my dealership install a Sealevel II system with an additional display in the water bay (so I can watch the fresh fill up). They use sensors on the OUTSIDE of the tank so it is more difficult if not downright impossible to get "gunked" up.

Hopefully your dealership will do a good job on cleaning things up. I know Alliance will take care of you as they are still responding to me after a year.

Good luck!

//KMac
kmac7800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:11 AM   #48

Ok, I had a Dynamax with the same sensors that worked flawlessly for three years before I traded for this one. Maybe just a fluke I guess. Will try the after market liquid additives sold at camping world but they haven’t worked since day one so I won’t be expecting much.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:20 AM   #49

I just had Lippert provide me a new Flex Air pin box. Our Roto Flex crapped out. They also paid for installation. The only conceivable reason is the Roto Flex has a design flaw with the rubber pad. It WILL break away from it's supports and then the fun begins. Just a nugget from my limited experience.
tigerGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:43 AM   #50

VanLeigh is the most open group, IMO. We went on a 1 hour tour that last almost 3 hours. I spent over 40 years in commercial construction and had loads of questions answered regarding many "why's". All were answered.

I'm figuring out that once you get past the different lack of quality building products used, it's just dumb luck whether the team that built your rig was having a good week. QC is pride instilled in a team. Pride appears to be a missing quality in our younger part of American society today. But I digress.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:25 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerGUY View Post
I just had Lippert provide me a new Flex Air pin box. Our Roto Flex crapped out. They also paid for installation. The only conceivable reason is the Roto Flex has a design flaw with the rubber pad. It WILL break away from it's supports and then the fun begins. Just a nugget from my limited experience.
Did you go the traditional fifth wheel hitch or an Andersen gooseneck?
Old 06-10-2021, 09:28 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac7800 View Post
@Jetflash, you will only have an inverter from the factory if you have the residential refrigerator.

As far as the sensors, the 1/3, 2/3, Full sensors never work or work only for a little while due to reason noted above. If you want to get around this, there are many after market solutions. I myself had my dealership install a Sealevel II system with an additional display in the water bay (so I can watch the fresh fill up). They use sensors on the OUTSIDE of the tank so it is more difficult if not downright impossible to get "gunked" up.

Hopefully your dealership will do a good job on cleaning things up. I know Alliance will take care of you as they are still responding to me after a year.

Good luck!

//KMac
The fridge is a big double door Norcold that runs on electric or gas.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:53 AM   #53

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetflash View Post
The fridge is a big double door Norcold that runs on electric or gas.
Right, so unless you ordered it from the factory, the unit will not have an inverter. You will have to plug it in to have any 110/120v appliances work.

Good luck!

//KMac
kmac7800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:16 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac7800 View Post
Right, so unless you ordered it from the factory, the unit will not have an inverter. You will have to plug it in to have any 110/120v appliances work.

Good luck!

//KMac

Well, not exactly. My Alliance 310RL came with the Norcold fridge and inverter installed, but I guess the inverter was there because it had already the pre-installed solar package (unbeknownst by the sales guy...).

But running the fridge on an inverter is not really a great thing anyway. My Norcold draws about 40-50 amps from the battery through the inverter. I have now a sizeable 300Ah lithium battery supported by 400W solar panels. I run the fridge sometimes on battery while driving to save propane but after 5-6 hours the big battery is down to 25%. So it is O.K. for that purpose but would not work at all e.g. for a couple of days boondocking. I doubt a residential fridge would use much less power but have not checked.
Old 06-11-2021, 06:50 AM   #55

No gooseneck for me.
Old 06-12-2021, 05:54 AM   #56

Please share where you found a Honda 3000 for $2K. A range, a microwave, and a fridge on the inverter would kill batteries pretty quickly without big solar.
Looks like a great 5er, enjoy,

Tags
alliance