Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2021, 09:11 AM   #15

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett Bee View Post
I do hate to disagree with you. That 5yr xtended warrnty has been on there for months and the price just went up $3900 about a month ago. I personally talked to Brienne about this a couple weeks ago and she said that I was right, they had went up due to vender price increases.
Also I just got off the phone today at 4pm cst as she called me about even more price changes. They are trying to pressure me into ordering now. I told them I would be at tgThe factory in May to take a tour and if we feel the same way we feel now then we'll order on the spot but I won't do it site unseen. She wanted me to come to the Texas meet and greet in two weeks and look at a similar model (44fb) to what I'm getting, (48fb/ side patio). It has no patio , short garage, no soft wall's, and no factory tour to see how it's built.
They said if I lock in my price either at or before the meet and great, I would get the lower rate, but she was already aware that after that prices were going to go up even more and she already knows the frame from lippert is going up $1200 and the cabinetry and ply is also going up. I'm not going to buy and order on site unseen with out even putting my eyes on the actual build process first. She could not confirm how many $$$$ they would go up with all venders included.
Its spring with a little pressure campaign to boot . I told her ill have to take my chances in may or just wait until fall. I will buy on my terms or i don't buy. I took almost a yr to wear down my truck dealership from 85k down to 69k. Ill do what it takes again, they work for us. I hate sales pressure, errrrrr.

Sorry to tell you but they won't budge on the pricing. I worked them for two years before I ordered mine. If they cut the price then you can expect for them to cut the quality. To stay afloat today they have to maintain a certain amount of profit. Their overhead is tremendous. If you want to haggle go to a regular dealer and buy his cheap crap.
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2021, 09:32 AM   #16

Evergreen Owners Club
The 5 year warranty is not just hype. The original price increase WAS to include the warranty like I stated. Since they initiated including the warranty, there have evidently been even more price increases that I am not aware of. If you want to whine about the 5 year warranty then ask to sign a waiver excluding it to get it knocked off the price. Quit your blankety blank complaining about the coach and what they have to offer.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:09 AM   #17

Wow, was all that called for, not sure what your so upset about, i was just pointing out the fact that the price was $3900 lower for months with the 5yr warrnty, thus the price increase had nothing to do with the 5yr warrnty at all. It's ok if we politely disagree with out getting hateful. I personally speak with Brienne every week or two, so yes the information I'm putting out is not just hear say or speculation but fact. She hold told me that every year they run a promo, last year it was the pkg with 5 free options valuing a couple grand and this Years promo with all the rv shows happening is the 5yr warrnty, thats from Brienne. That's number 1. Number 2 , I have two friends that each just got there luxes. We have talked extensively about there 5yr extended warrnty they recieved from the promo that's out there now. They both specifically stated that they asked numerous questions about this at the plant, over phone, and email. They were told by rvf after putting them off and giving them the run around on this topic, that they recieved the 5yr extended warranty promo as advertisedthat and the pin to bumper was only the first full yr of ownership and yr 2-5 was all the extra blah blah blah like rd side assistance, towing, a phone call away support. That's what they were told by rvf. Number 3, i did speak with Brienne yesterday and she specifically said more than likely due to vendor increases, they will be upping there price anywhere from end of Feb to end of March, and she knows for a fact that lci is going up $1200 on the frame alone. Number 4. I've been working with Brienne for over a yr now. They know that I'm not there typical buyer as i will hold out for the best price i can get and that I'm not going to pay for things i don't need. She has been very accommodating and great but all of a sudden that spring is upon us and she knows I'm getting excited and anxious because I'm coming up in may, there putting a pressure campaign on, coincidence, I don't think so. Also she is very willing to work with folks on negotiating price. I have about a dozen things that come standard that I dont want and I'm not going to pay for and she is quoting me prices for credit back for eliminating things because it saves them money to, in labor and they won't have to purchase those items. Examples being I'm minusing and getting credit back on. Both fuel tanks, fuel pump and gauge, happy jack lower bunks and keep upper bed, absolutely no solar or generator or camera pre wiring, no need for 2 patio steps just one, ttpms, etc etc. These are examples that I've gotten credit back on and some others she is working on. I've got about 35 things that I'm adding to make additions to my custom build with me supplying them with about 10 things for them to install.
I make no beefs about it, I'm a high maintenance rver. This is my home and were ill spend the rest of my life in and it will be the way I want it for the price that I'm comfortable paying. I find rvf luxe has been good to work with for the last year until now. My plans are not changing, I'm going to probably get a 48fb w/ side patio ordered in may because there a good company with good customer service and from what I've seen on the web and in campgrounds is a quality unit. Yes it has problems they all do but I won't be pressured and ill negotiate it out to have it my way.
If you took personal offense to something I said or implied I do apologize, but no need to get hateful .
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:46 PM   #18

Evergreen Owners Club
I wasn't being hateful. However you came across with finding fault about this and that and these and those. Work with Brienne as she is head of sales. I worked with Deb Schmucker who is now out fighting cancer. You may be able to do deletes as you are getting a toy hauler and it has items that I don't have and never would want. As to the 5 year warranty it explicitly states it covers everything! I know of persons outside their 1st year warranty getting work done for free that did not have an extended warranty. This alone shows me they are a great company. I love our Luxe Elite 42RL.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
I wasn't being hateful. However you came across with finding fault about this and that and these and those. Work with Brienne as she is head of sales. I worked with Deb Schmucker who is now out fighting cancer. You may be able to do deletes as you are getting a toy hauler and it has items that I don't have and never would want. As to the 5 year warranty it explicitly states it covers everything! I know of persons outside their 1st year warranty getting work done for free that did not have an extended warranty. This alone shows me they are a great company. I love our Luxe Elite 42RL.
Ok, we're all good then. I just had a bad day yesterday and Brienne kept apologizing to me for dropping that bomb on me about price increases. If it's like what you say and its a true 5 yr pin to bumper coverage then I'll definitly take that. As we all know with full timing, sheet is always gonna happen and 5 yr would be unprecedented. An I'm not saying your persons are wrong by any means but do you have any further written documentation to show it's 5yr pin to bumper because as I stated these two other owners I talk with who just got there rigs in the last few weeks say opposite.
Is deb in recovery and going to be ok, I hope
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Old 02-12-2021, 02:02 PM   #20

I know nh. Is definitly a better rig but i don't think its worth my $100k higher price.
My only issue with luxe was the lippert frame and what mods were made to make it meet luxes specifications . I'm much more at ease now knowing that the 12" beam has the 2" box tube welded to bottom of beam to equal 14". But it would be nice to know what lci added to beef up its frames
Old 02-12-2021, 02:36 PM   #21

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
I know nh. Is definitly a better rig but i don't think its worth my $100k higher price.
My only issue with luxe was the lippert frame and what mods were made to make it meet luxes specifications . I'm much more at ease now knowing that the 12" beam has the 2" box tube welded to bottom of beam to equal 14". But it would be nice to know what lci added to beef up its frames

I see you always see a half full glass as being half empty. These frames built by LCI are built to each different mfr's specs. So a Luxe frame is built to Luxes specs. Nothing is "modded" to use your terms.
Old 02-12-2021, 03:41 PM   #22

Quote:
I see you always see a half full glass as being half empty. These frames built by LCI are built to each different mfr's specs. So a Luxe frame is built to Luxes specs. Nothing is "modded" to use your terms.
Your right im a glass half empty guy, been lied to and scammed enough in life to make me this way, I'm just trying to figure it out. I know lci has a long history of problems with there traditional frames. Luxe advertised that they use a lci frame built to luxe specs and lci says that luxe specs are overkill but we will build what luxe is paying for. I'm just trying to figure out the differance between the lci frame and our luxe frames. I know about the 2" box tube to make the beam a total 14". I also know the luxe has doubled ip on out riggers around slides. I'm not privy to anything else. I also know that "officially" the frame for the 48fb is gvwr for 25,999 but I would like to know what the frame is truly rated to be able to carry, and what it can with stand
Old 03-11-2021, 02:51 PM   #23

COME ON FOLKS, WE NEED YOU
Irv2 has posted a sign up for LUXE OWNER'S GROUP
Not this unofficial one. Over 275 folks have viewed the luxe owners group but only 4 of us have signed up as members. Irv2 is using that member sign up to see how many folks are interested in having a luxe owners group to add to our other rv owners groups. Irv2 will NOT make us an official group until enough people show interest and sign up as a member of the group. Us luxe folks are not a large group out there on the rd but we are larger than some of the other groups that are represented as official groups on irv2.
I, we ask you to please join our group as a member so we can get enough members to be an official addition to this all ready substantial forum of diverse groups. 275 people have been interested in luxe enough to check us out, we beg you to please be interested enough to sign up as a member and help us become an official addition to irv2, so we can to have a very informative rv forum to discuss like topics on and help each other and have others help us. Please join
LUXE OWNERS GROUP as a member so we can get enough members to be an official addition as a group to irv2 .
Old 04-09-2021, 06:09 PM   #24

Rvf $$$$ +++++
Well holy mackerel. Thank goodness we put down our earnest money on our build. I just checked the build tool like I do everyday for any additions. Omg, they jacked up the price ( on the 48fb) over $7000 on just the base model. Doubled the price on the special build from $2000 to $4000. Raised the price $1300 on the side patio. I can't stop saying holy shiitake out loud over and over again. That's a $10,000 + price increase just over night. Now I'm not sure about all the other models and options, just the one I follow. Coincidence, i think not. Not with the big money California's m&g next week.
Im so glad we put down some holding money a couple weeks ago. $10,000 Would of changed our plans 100%. Whether less options or a different company, I don't know, but wow. I'm sure they will say lci raised the prices on there frames $7k. It was just coincidence that it was before the Cali show. ��
Old 04-09-2021, 07:21 PM   #25

Look at the price of wood... Plywood has more than tripled in the last 6 months. Steel and aluminum has gone thru the roof as well.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:32 PM   #26

Yeah, but yikes, nobody likes to see a increase Like that overnight. I'm just glad i asked if I put money down to hold our place in line, would that lock in the current rate?, and they said yup . I wouldn't be able to deal with that sticker shock at the counter. I'd have to go have a round or several and do some serious thinking.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:09 AM   #27

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Yeah, but yikes, nobody likes to see a increase Like that overnight. I'm just glad i asked if I put money down to hold our place in line, would that lock in the current rate?, and they said yup . I wouldn't be able to deal with that sticker shock at the counter. I'd have to go have a round or several and do some serious thinking.

Billet Bee. Just the price increase in plywood added over 2000 dollars, maybe even closer to 4000. Floor is 5/8 plywood and subroof is 1/2 inch. 3/4 inch plywood is now almost $100 per sheet!!!
Old 04-10-2021, 09:27 AM   #28

Quote:
Billet Bee. Just the price increase in plywood added over 2000 dollars, maybe even closer to 4000. Floor is 5/8 plywood and subroof is 1/2 inch. 3/4 inch plywood is now almost $100 per sheet!!!
$100 a sheet, omg. Well no wonder why so much, but I don't like it. As long as they don't try to screw me on our agreement, I'm all good. I guess ill have to wait a wk until I get up there to find out.
I know she said she would also give me whatever promo they ran at the Cali m&g but I probably might as well forget about that now.
The cost of luxury is going up i guess

Tags
luxe