Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2021, 02:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett Bee View Post
What more can anybody or any company do.
Build a decent RV in the first place? Have a functioning QC department? Fix problems with an apology when they are pointed out? Bear the costs and inconveniences of those repairs yourself?

I think you expect too little from RV makers.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2021, 03:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
Build a decent RV in the first place? Have a functioning QC department? Fix problems with an apology when they are pointed out? Bear the costs and inconveniences of those repairs yourself?

I think you expect too little from RV makers.
It's funny how you just keep picking certain excerpts out of my whole explanation. I said numerous times that rvf should of had better qc. Also not sure how up on rv quality you are, but rvf is among the top handful in my view.
Space craft or continental
new horizons
luxe
drv
All the other cookie cutter rv manufacturers.
As far as I'm concerned rvf is a top notch company that I'm going to do buisness with based on there quality product as compared to all the rest out there and my budget. I also feel rvf customer service is one of the top couple as far as taking care of the customer to satisfy.
Rvf is bearing the costs and fixing said problems for free with out charge as any good company should. The new owner should also do his or her part to aid in the corrections process since he did leave the facility with out doing a proper inspection. Now if things broke driving down the rd that could not of been caught during a pick up inspection then more than likely rvf would come and get the unit themselves. Wich is exactly why my friend is getting his unit picked up by rvf from Colorado. He and the company both acknowledge there are things he should of easily caught and had fixed when it was easiest for everyone involved, but some of his electrical issues were buried bung hole deep were nobody would of ever known about and was a complete failure on 1 specific rvf employee, who was also terminated. The new owner should also be inconvenienced to some degree as he chose not to do a proper inspection in an unlimited amount of time, wich makes it harder on all parties as well. Again, what more can a company do but make it right and continue to do better, there not trying to get out of anything.
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 04:01 PM   #17

rVF should have a full hook up 50A service to plug in and power everything up. ran everything a few hours before doing anything. if it didn't power up completely I'd tell em to keep it. water etc all hooked up no leaks. And if anything wasnt kosher nope not taking it. fix it before I leave or find another buyer. Even go as far as a used unit that works looks alot better then this POS that has a 100 issues.

what's funny is Ive bought classic units that are icons in the industry. Carriage Carri-Lite, Newmar Kountry Aire, now a Teton and never had even 5% of the issues many have here buying new. speaks volumes I think. don't build em like they use too.
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 04:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolenut View Post
rVF should have a full hook up 50A service to plug in and power everything up. ran everything a few hours before doing anything. if it didn't power up completely I'd tell em to keep it. water etc all hooked up no leaks. And if anything wasnt kosher nope not taking it. fix it before I leave or find another buyer. Even go as far as a used unit that works looks alot better then this POS that has a 100 issues.

what's funny is Ive bought classic units that are icons in the industry. Carriage Carri-Lite, Newmar Kountry Aire, now a Teton and never had even 5% of the issues many have here buying new. speaks volumes I think. don't build em like they use too.
you got that right, j guess thats with everything any more though.
Rvf had several 50 amp spots for the new owner right next to the building. They start work at 5:30 am. They ask you what time do you want us to come over tomorrow and start on your list of corrections. Even though they don't have drains to hook up to, if you just fill your tanks with just water to check for leaks and the operation of your appliances snd fixtures, they have a way to drain your tanks, so you can keep filling them up again and again. They pull your rig in at your Convience and make it top priority with a ful team on the job.
Yes it would be nice if there wasnt so much to look for to have corrected, but I wish they would leave my pizza in the oven long enough to crisp up the pepperoni also. An nothing more burns my but than when I tel them not to cut the pie. Do I drive the pie home without checking it, heck to the know, I'm opening that lid right there because more than likely, they cut the dang thing, time to make another.
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:30 PM   #19

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:

They had 5 of us hooked up right by the factory wall. We could stay as long as we liked and they made sure everything was to our satisfaction before we left the factory. That does not mean nothing ever goes askew, as you well know. We have a couple very minor items for them when we go to the rally next August. Nothing that requires immediate attention. Whoever says that RV Factory does not take care of their customers is full of s@#t!!! If you don't talk to them then they can't help you or fix what is wrong. And talking nice goes a long ways towards good service.
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 07:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrod View Post
They had 5 of us hooked up right by the factory wall. We could stay as long as we liked and they made sure everything was to our satisfaction before we left the factory. That does not mean nothing ever goes askew, as you well know. We have a couple very minor items for them when we go to the rally next August. Nothing that requires immediate attention. Whoever says that RV Factory does not take care of their customers is full of s@#t!!! If you don't talk to them then they can't help you or fix what is wrong. And talking nice goes a long ways towards good service.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Whoever says that RV Factory does not take care of their customers is full of s@#t!!!
I re-read the OP's lengthy list of serious defects in the product that RV Factory delivered to him in exchange for (I assume) a pile of money. I re-read how he has attempted to deal with the problems, and the lack of help and satisfaction he got from RV Factory.

I don't understand your motivations here.

He made a promise to them, and they made a promise to him. He fulfilled his promise - he paid. They failed to fulfill their promise to him - they failed to deliver to him a workable RV. Read his list again. It's lots of serious stuff.

And your point is, it's okay because it was his fault? It's okay, because we expect RV manufacturers to breach their contracts and it's our job to catch them?

This wasn't "there's a blemish on the cabinet door, and the faucet drips." This was major stuff. Their reaction seems to have been "get it here on this date, and we'll take a look at it maybe if we have time", and then they still didn't fix most of the problems.

I'd be ashamed if it were my company. Maybe they do make RV's that are usually great. They sure failed this time. Possible customers have to wonder how many times the dice are going to come up like this in the future.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:48 PM   #22

Im certainly not worried in the least about doing buisness with them in a month. There customer service is probably the number one reason why I'm going with them. They have a record and track record of taking care of there customers and there coaches. Yes they have qc issues but that doesn't make them crooks or a bad product, it means they need to do a better job inspecting there coaches during the build and before the owner arrives. The fact that rvf is willing to fix any request or issue the way the customer prefers it ,is all i need. It's gonna be nice knowing that all I have to do is put it in front of them and it gets done my way. That's all I need, build me a quality product for a fair price and have my back when there are issues. . Plus I can guarantee you that most folks who are having a custom coach built are involved enough in the process to know that they did or didn't purchase the mor-ryde axles and disk brakes and not be quite so suprised to see the lci axles. Again on the axles and dog legging. Lci sucks, I hate that luxe is using there frame but I know that going into this deal and take comfort in knowing it's built to luxe specs. Lci can just about not be trusted with anything imho and as soon as i drive that thing through the parking lot or on the interstate i would of been making an immediate u turn to take it back until it was aligned to track correctly. Again proper inspection and lci junk. Mor-ryde aligns there axles on the frame to perfection. These luxe rigs should never be bought without the mor-ryde and disks with all that weight.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:37 AM   #23

Quote:
Yep absolutely agree with you! We love our older rig !
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:41 PM   #24

I get the impression somebody appointed you as the factory Quality Control manager.

Apparently, the position is unpaid?
LargeMarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 04:53 PM   #25

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMarge View Post
I get the impression somebody appointed you as the factory Quality Control manager.

Apparently, the position is unpaid?

They did make a Quality Control Manager position just last summer. He was excellent on making sure we were happy with our unit in August when we picked it up.
Old 03-28-2021, 05:47 PM   #26

Quote:
They did make a Quality Control Manager position just last summer. He was excellent on making sure we were happy with our unit in August when we picked it up.
Hopefully I get that same guy you did looking over my unit
Old 04-05-2021, 01:08 PM   #27

Quote:
First of all I would not have gotten a 38GFB. This is the smallest and cheapest of the units they produce. 2nd with all the customizing you asked for I can not believe you did not opt for the Moryde IS suspension. 3rd if you went to the Factory and did not stay the requested 3 to 5 days FREE, which they VERY STRONGLY encourage a buyer to do so you can find all the defects, then you screwed up big time.

As to the pin weight being significant, evidently you did NO research and did not read the specifications on the unit. If you want to reduce the pin weight, fill the fresh water tank as it is located behind the rear axle and will help lift the pin.

When we picked up our coach we ended up staying until the 6th day because they were still waiting on the cameras since covid had screwed up their vendors deliveries. Sure we had some minor things for them but only a couple and they more than went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied.

I feel from your essay that you should never have accepted delivery so a lot of the fault has to fall on your shoulders since you did go ahead and accept delivery without staying in the unit to debug it. Sorry for my negative response but it is what it is.

Yes there were some things i left out, as such.. rvf could not complete my unit in time that THEY promised before i had to leave to start my new job. additionally they did not STRONGLY encourage any qc by me, they happily coaxed me to go ahead and they will ship it down "they do it all the time"

As for the suspension upgrade i chose not too because i hardly ever move. i am full time in small area working at a dedicated job hence no hauling. Also how would not upgrading the suspension be my fault for them not building it correctly?

i did plenty of research on the pin weight, rvf is the only manufacturer with obnoxious pin weights for this size of coach. Also ask your contact if you can travel with water tank full, bet they tell you no or give you a shady answer. i had my tank reinforced with extra straps and rigging for the reason you will be given that you cannot.

its funny that you say that you were able to stay on the property during covid because i was told NO ONE can stay on the property during covid. so as usual the lies continue from the rvf, and when i originally toured and saw my unit being built they do not have sewer or water hookups, nor wifi that reaches there power spots... so how do you fully test a unit in 5 days then?

if the rvf is better than most manufacturers then act like it, id rather deal with forest river at this point. it has become a joke, i will update further as things progress. its been months, no further contact from rvf.

I have also requested option of trade or buyback and they are stonewalling. i have been more than accepting and nice, i have been bullied by their manager and im done playing nice.
DrPeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:15 AM   #28

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPeanut View Post
Yes there were some things i left out, as such.. rvf could not complete my unit in time that THEY promised before i had to leave to start my new job. additionally they did not STRONGLY encourage any qc by me, they happily coaxed me to go ahead and they will ship it down "they do it all the time"

As for the suspension upgrade i chose not too because i hardly ever move. i am full time in small area working at a dedicated job hence no hauling. Also how would not upgrading the suspension be my fault for them not building it correctly?

i did plenty of research on the pin weight, rvf is the only manufacturer with obnoxious pin weights for this size of coach. Also ask your contact if you can travel with water tank full, bet they tell you no or give you a shady answer. i had my tank reinforced with extra straps and rigging for the reason you will be given that you cannot.

its funny that you say that you were able to stay on the property during covid because i was told NO ONE can stay on the property during covid. so as usual the lies continue from the rvf, and when i originally toured and saw my unit being built they do not have sewer or water hookups, nor wifi that reaches there power spots... so how do you fully test a unit in 5 days then?

if the rvf is better than most manufacturers then act like it, id rather deal with forest river at this point. it has become a joke, i will update further as things progress. its been months, no further contact from rvf.

I have also requested option of trade or buyback and they are stonewalling. i have been more than accepting and nice, i have been bullied by their manager and im done playing nice.

If you did your research on pin weights then it having too much is YOUR fault for buying it knowing it was heavy. As to hookups at the factory, water is supplied and no you can't dump the black but they do allow the grey tanks to be emptied onto the concrete driveway after working hours. I still feel you have not been totally truthful. All of my dealings with the RVF have been more than accommodating. You just go ahead and go to Forest River. You will be forever sorry.

You do realize the factory was shut down for 6 weeks because of covid. There is no way they could have met your tentative build date. Also they do not PROMISE a completion date, it is an approximation. I feel there are a lot of false statements being made here and you are wanting to bash the factory for your own downfalls.

Tags
luxe