Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2018, 06:25 AM   #1

New member Evergreen TT owner

Hello, I am reposting on this form as I think I originally posted incorrectly
I am new to this forum and I am looking for any information I can get on Evergreen travel trailers. Just purchased a new to me 2012 evergreen ever lite 35-Rew. I know company is out of business but am looking for manuals schematics, wiring, anything! That will help me. Trailer has a few issues. Slide out worksbut looks like there were some issues with it. Dent visable furniture changed out. Toilet water seems to be “dirty” all the time. Is this something to worry about? Hooked in to city water so not using holding tank. Please , I have spent days looking for any thing on these trailers to no avail. I will look for help with these issues, but hoping to connect with other evergreen owners. Thanks, lisa
Perrr1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2018, 07:00 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum!

Regarding tanks: "Hooked in to city water so not using holding tank." Which tank are you referring to? In case you are really new to having a trailer, make sure you keep your black tank valve closed except when dumping the tank. It's best to let the black tank get as full as possible before dumping.

I'm a fan of using Campers Friend (black tank additive) which helps break down any stuff in the black tank. If you suspect there's stuff left in the tank, flush it out really well with a lot of water.

If you can't figure out the slide out problem, a good service dept. should be able to help as Evergreen most likely used one of the commonly used slide out systems.

Reread your post. Are you saying the fresh water entering the toilet looks dirty? If so, you need to find the fresh water tank drain valve(s) and drain the tank. You may have to flush it several times. Then, sanitize it before you use it for cooking/drinking water.

If you look on youtube, you can find a lot of helpful videos for basic stuff pertaining to travel trailers.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:36 AM   #3

Thank you for your quick response

I have owned a few travel trailers in my time. However, I have never had a problem with the toilet water coming out stinky and yellow. In this (new to us) 2012 camper, when you flush, the water is dirty. I will flush the holding tanks and add a bit of bleach, and I also read it may be some kind of seals in the toilet. What I am in most need of is to see if I can get my hands on some kind of instruction manual or schematic on this particular model Evergreen. We are pretty handy and can repair just about anything, but a manual would sure be handy. I appreciate your help. Thank you again. Lisa
Old 11-04-2018, 02:55 PM   #4

How about the water at the kitchen sink and bathroom sink? Is that water coming out yellow? If you have foul water in the holding tank, then you should get foul water out of any water line connected to that tank. If that's the case, then flushing the tank should take care of it. Worst case scenario, you would have to remove and replace the water tank. If the trailer has been sitting a long time with water in the tank, it may have a serious algae or pollution problem of some kind. Can you visually see the water tank. The water tanks I've had have been a white translucent material and if the water was really discolored, you may be able to tell from looking at the tank.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #5

If you find the low point drain, you could trace that line back to the water tank, and if you could remove the water line, it may give you a bigger opening to drain the water.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:37 PM   #6

I wonder if there is mold or something like it in your toilet inlet.

Your slide out is a Schwintek. That's a Lippert company. You can find manuals for that system on their website. There are also some videos on Youtube showing how to take care of that system.

I've had my Everlite 29RLW for 6 years now and the only problem was the crappy converter.
Utah banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:25 AM   #7

Help Appreciated....

First of all, I want to start by saying I was floored you all took the time to respond so quickly. In this busy world, it's not often you find people so willing to help someone else. I truly appreciate all your help and time.
We have been trying to get acquainted with our new TT. We have owned older models in the past, and we're not too familiar with the newer equipment that we have in our 2012 TT. I know 2012 isn't very new, but we have a 1986 Tioga MH, that is still going strong, and a 2011 Skyline that was flooded during Irma. That is what we have been in for the past year. However, the floor is finally giving way and has become pretty mushy. So we needed another place to live in while we rebuild our house here in the Florida Keys. Thus, the new 2012 Evergreen everlite 35-REW.
It took us a few days to figure out the electrical connections for a 50 amp(2 a/c) Evergreen. Hubby had to make a 50AMP connection to our Temp.Building Electrical pole). He managed to do it, so far so good. Only found a few blown 15amp fuses(for an interior wall lights) which we will replace. The a/c's run fine. Haven't turned on both at the same time yet though. lol. Really no need for two, one a/c seems to be enough right now.
We are now tackling the dirty water in toilet. We will do as you all suggested and clean out the holding tanks with bleach. We are hoping that will take care of it. Water from sinks seems to be ok, but can't be sure. We know this trailer sat for some time in the hot humid florida keys, so better safe than sorry. I will keep you posted as we are sure to encounter other issues.
Again, thank you so much. It is great to know I can post in this boards and get help whenever I need it. Truly appreciated. Lisa

Tags
evergreen, new member