Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2020, 01:01 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler 2017 40E Refrigerator access

I've searched this topic on irv2 as well as YouTube, but still haven't found my answer.

I am trying to access the back of the Whirlpool refrigerator. I would like to winterize it without the use of antifreeze and would like to access the valve on the rear of the fridge. There is no access panel from the outside on this model. I removed the top bracket securing the top of the fridge. I removed the lower front plate on the fridge expecting to find some bolt or something securing the fridge to the floor, but the were none. I assumed then I should be able to roll the fridge on it's rollers, but I cannot. I can tip the fridge onto the front rollers, so I don't think there is anything in the rear holding the bottom in place. I am afraid to pull too hard, but maybe it just can't roll on the carpet?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2020, 03:10 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 40E Discovery. Close to yours. No rear access to the frig. I winter in the south so I dont worry about freezing.
I would use 30psi air pressure to blow out all lines. Try cycling the ice maker. See many YouTube videos how to do with a jumper wire.
I Don't recommend this but put a heater on 45F to keep from freezing.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:03 AM   #3

I have the same frig as you. You can trip the ice maker water valve buy removing the front cover of the ice maker. Take a short wire and trip between V and L this will open the valve to allow air or antifreeze to flow through, no need to pull out fridge.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:08 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
On my refrigerator the front adjuster feet each have a screw in them holding it to the floor. Probably steady air and cycling a few times would be way easier. Good luck
lwalkplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt472 View Post
I have the same frig as you. You can trip the ice maker water valve buy removing the front cover of the ice maker. Take a short wire and trip between V and L this will open the valve to allow air or antifreeze to flow through, no need to pull out fridge.
X2 on this one. My jumper wire hangs on the front of the icemaker under the front cover. Always there when I need it.

Tags
holiday rambler, refrigerator