Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2022, 06:57 AM   #1

2021 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A Tilting Issue

Hi,
I recently brought an almost new 2021 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A and found it is tilting to the driver's side. I myself and got it checked at a truck shop that there is no damage to the suspension. When I measured I found that driver's side suspension is about 1.25-1.5'' more compressed as compared to the other side. Initially, I thought it is normal because of the slides but talked to some people at the RV park and they said it should not be the case and company should have balanced out the weight.

Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations about what is going on?

Thanks.
THEB055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2022, 07:02 AM   #2

Also, I currently started having issues with putting the gas. Even when the tank is half full, it throws back the gas and I have to level the RV at the gas station to fill it up. I found that the air vent pipe was completely loose and could have caused the issue but it is still not fixed even after tieing it up.
Old 09-13-2022, 09:09 AM   #3

Get the coach weighed at each corner so you know how much weight is on each wheel. Getting weighed in this manner is not possible at most truck stop scales so you are going to have to do some research to find a facility to get this done. When you weigh, make sure you are loaded as you travel to get accurate individual wheel weights.

You may be able to move heavier items to the other side to compensate.

Biggest concern I have, and can only be confirmed by individual wheel weights is are the tires on the heavy side near or over their maximum weight rating. If over, that is a safety concern.
jaydee325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 08:29 AM   #4

Regarding the fueling issue, I have a Fleetwood Flair 29M which is a slightly larger version of your HR. When I first got mine, the fuel fill pipe was collapsed and it wouldn't take fuel. I had to get under it, loosen the hose clamps, and straighten the pipe. I wonder if it is related to your venting issue.

That coach does look like it has a lot of weight on the driver side...both slides, the generator, bed, driver compartment. I think the corner-weighting suggestion is sound.
TFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 03:12 PM   #5

This is common on a gas class a. There are springs you can install that will help compensate for the leaning. Reach out to any NIRVC for a quote for the installation.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 03:13 PM   #6

The fuel could be a ford issue
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 08:21 PM   #7

Thanks. It was a motorhome manufacturing issue where the fuel-air vent pipe was not adequately secured and I had to remove and place it to let air can properly pass out when fueling. Poor workmanship.
Old 09-25-2022, 08:23 PM   #8

Thanks for sharing your experience. It was kind of the same but in my case, the air vent pipe was below the fuel pipe when was not letting the fuel in. I unclamped and made the changes to have the air pipe above the fuel pipe now and everything is good now.
Old 09-25-2022, 08:27 PM   #9

Thanks, Jaydee325.

I got the individual weights performed on the RV. The driver's front side has about 600 lbs more than the passenger's front side and the driver's rear side is 400lbs more than the passenger's rear side. So in total driver side is 1000lbs more than the passenger side.
Do you have any suggestions now?

Tags
holiday rambler