Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2019, 04:28 AM   #1

Alliance Coach, Wildwood, Fl

I had the driver's side windows changed out at Alliance because of fogging about 3 years ago. The job was supposed to take 3 days but took almost 3 weeks sitting in their overnight area with cardboard over the window opening. Now the windows are foggy again. I was going to call Alliance and complain but discovered today that they have changed hands and it's now Lazy Days. I suspect I'll get nowhere complaining, but worth a try since I think I paid $800 to get it done. I searched the forums but didn't find anything about when the change of ownership happened. Have I been sleeping or is this recent?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2019, 04:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandJan View Post
I had the driver's side windows changed out at Alliance because of fogging about 3 years ago. The job was supposed to take 3 days but took almost 3 weeks sitting in their overnight area with cardboard over the window opening. Now the windows are foggy again. I was going to call Alliance and complain but discovered today that they have changed hands and it's now Lazy Days. I suspect I'll get nowhere complaining, but worth a try since I think I paid $800 to get it done. I searched the forums but didn't find anything about when the change of ownership happened. Have I been sleeping or is this recent?

Don’t recall the exact date but it’s been LD maybe 3 months.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:50 AM   #3

This won't be helpful to the OP but when I had my windshield replaced I asked about our drivers side fogging window. They suggested a solid glass replacement which was only about 50 bucks more than having the double pane replaced. He showed me what the solid piece looked like and it was very thick glass and will never fog.
If the OP decides to fix it there is a replacement glass shop in the Tampa area that several on irv2 have recommended. They quoted me a price of about $300 on my drivers side window. I haven't had it done yet.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 05:44 AM   #4

Contact Suncoast Designers in Hudson Florida. They repaired my drivers side in 3 days for around $450. Great people to work with.
zanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 06:18 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
My coach is at Alliance (Lazy Days) now for repair and painting of a damaged bay door. They said the warranty on their work is 90 days. I assume that applies to all types of work (your window repair too). So you are probably out of luck.

Alliance still has all the same people (just a different name) and they are still considered to be a very good shop.

But knowing their warranty limit, I would probably search around for a different shop to do my windows (if/when the time comes) that has a better warranty. I've seen adds in the RV magazines for shop that specializes in foggy window repair/replacement. I would find one of those and find once given a better warranty.

Good luck.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alliance, alliance rv, paradigm