Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2020, 04:43 AM   #1

Alliance Paradigm

Looking to make the move from DP to a 5er, but wanted to reach out to any Alliance Paradigm owners. Curious about heat retention during winter and cooling during the summer? Any other good/bad things you want to share? Any fter's?
Arby49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2020, 06:13 AM   #2

I looked at these 5th wheels about 10 months ago. I noticed the A/C was not ducted. This is a big deal. My previous 5th wheel had 2 ducted A/C units. We could run the bedroom A/C and get good cooling in the living room and visa versa. This meant we could sleep with the living room A/C running and cool the bedroom.

I vote for ducted A/C.

Both A/C units had heat strips so the same when heating.

The A/C units were kinda noisy unless you ran them opposite to where you were.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 08:38 AM   #3

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Do you have a lenght and budget in mind?
I agree I don't like the lack of ducted air. I don't like all that glass either in the dining slide.
To me, it's another start-up like GD that will be focused for a while. Then they will go down hill, sell-out and be just like all the other crap on the market.
jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 03:51 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
There has been lots written on this. Here's a little reading material...good luck. Let us know what you decide.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/alli...gm-498768.html

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/new-...-472981-4.html

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/para...-516748-3.html

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/para...-516748-2.html
Old 01-14-2021, 06:04 PM   #5

Well, we decided (dw mostly) that we actually liked the floor plan. Since we have been in it for about a week, we have used the a/c's and heater. The third a/c is ducted, so the br and bath are cooled and heated very well. We have found the two a/c's to be acceptably quiet. We are transitioning from a 45' motorhome to this 40' 5er, so a bit of a learning curve.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:10 AM   #6

We bought our Alliance 385FL on Wednesday at the Tampa RV show. We did have them turn on the AC so we could hear it and it was very quiet. With 3 AC units that are independently operated we feel that works better than having the ducts that can get hot due to the sun pounding on the roof and then the air losing its cooling prior to coming out of the duct. We'll see but we're happy with our decision.
bmralston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpm View Post
Do you have a lenght and budget in mind?
I agree I don't like the lack of ducted air. I don't like all that glass either in the dining slide.
To me, it's another start-up like GD that will be focused for a while. Then they will go down hill, sell-out and be just like all the other crap on the market.
I can't predict the future but right now they are listening very closely to the customer and Bill Martin and team respond very quickly to posts on the multiple Facebook sites (as I am sure they do when reached out to by other means). We're happy with the floorplans they have as well as the construction of their units. Until proven otherwise I believe they deserve a shot and they have our business.
bmralston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:25 AM   #8

I am also looking at the shorter 310 (34') version to replace our 31' Class A. Really like the equipment, fit and finish. I am concerned about the large single pane glass surface as using lot of energy to cool or heat. Or is that a non-issue? I know it can be ordered double-pane, though.

Another question is that the generator is apparently an option. I am not used to that from the class A coaches. Is that normal for 5th wheel?
Jerry Burks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Burks View Post
I am also looking at the shorter 310 (34') version to replace our 31' Class A. Really like the equipment, fit and finish. I am concerned about the large single pane glass surface as using lot of energy to cool or heat. Or is that a non-issue? I know it can be ordered double-pane, though.

Another question is that the generator is apparently an option. I am not used to that from the class A coaches. Is that normal for 5th wheel?
I just ordered the 310 about a week ago. From research I've done on other brands it's been an option.
BDHPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:29 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Burks View Post

Those large single pane windows are heat and cold suckers. DP windows will help but if you look up the R value of a single pane of 1/8" glass it's almost nothing (1). DP windows in TT/s and 5ers aren't like your home DP windows. IMO they're best attributes are sound and less condensation.

If you wall has an R value of 7-9 and you put a large glass window in it you've cut that wall R value drastically. The more big windows the harder it will be to heat and cool regardless of DP or not.

Most all 5ers don't have gens and only some offer it as an option.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 08:51 AM   #11

In the meantime I bought that Alliance 5th wheel and it does not have the double pane, that would be special order from the factory.

Maybe I'll have 3M Thinsulate window film installed. According to 3M this would reduce about 40% heat loss and be barely visible. Does anybody have experience with that film?
Jerry Burks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:09 PM   #12

I do not have any experience with that product, but would certainly be interested in hearing about someone else's experience.

Tags
alliance, paradigm