Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2019, 11:03 AM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
We live just out of Bellingham WA the pawnshop is a good tip. There's also Yeagers in town that is a dealer & open 7 days a week. The only real private inside shooting range is called Skagit Arms in Burlington (about 20 miles S on I-5 they may store them.

I have crossed into BC CA many times with my shot gun, you have to fill out the necessary form (on line & print out) then declare it at the border & go in and pay the $25.00 or so, I think its good for 6 months.

One other thing you have to be going to the "boonies" or passing thru to AK for them to let you in with even a shot gun or long riffle. If you tell them your going to a big city such as Vancouver they won't let you in, (they figure you don't need protection in major populated areas) makes sense right?

One other pointer when you say you have the gun for protection they have asked me, protection from what? be sure to say from wild animals & not people!! This freaks them out, I made this mistake about 40 yrs ago.

Don't try any of this with a hand gun, you WILL me turned back! & of course your shotgun barrel must be at least 18" long.

Hope this helps
lincolnmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2019, 04:05 PM   #44

Lots of interesting comments.
Fraid our neighbors to the north just frown on our insistence on being armed. Different culture up there. Not hunting but self defense. Americans are cowboys
Bent on shooting up their cities.
Read it in the papers and saw it on CNN.
Best to find a place to store old Betsy til ya get back to our second
Ammendment loving country.
You wont need it up there anyway
It's real safe..guarantee it.
I had a can of self defense pepper spray confiscated so many years back. Bear spray looks like a small
Fire extinguisher. Much larger than self defense
Pepper spray. Bear spray is ok to bring across.
Pepper spray is not. The difference is in what the purpose is. Not in what it contains.
varmonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:21 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
Fraid our neighbors to the north just frown on our insistence on being armed. Different culture up there. Not hunting but self defense. Americans are cowboys
I had a can of self defense pepper spray confiscated so many years back. Bear spray looks like a small
Pepper spray is not. The difference is in what the purpose is. Not in what it contains.
Big difference in contents, bear spray is to annoy bear so he turns around. Pepper spray to stop a person.
https://www.selfdefenseninja.com/bea...ts-difference/

Agree with leaving guns at Bellingham Pawn.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:38 PM   #46

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp7 View Post
Carrying a gun into a bank; whats wrong with this picture?
Absolutely nothing here in WA state.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:49 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary3700 View Post
Bus station lockers
Washington bus station lockers can teleport firearms to Montana bus station lockers?
WantAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:05 PM   #48

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantAB View Post
Washington bus station lockers can teleport firearms to Montana bus station lockers?
Didn't you see Men in Black? The little guys in there can probably help.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:57 AM   #49

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, before hysteria prevailed, you may be able to bring your handguns into Canada legally.

Check the law. There are some restrictions pertaining to barrel length and caliber. -Paul
Old 11-05-2019, 08:17 AM   #50

Before crossing into Canada at Sawgrass/Coutts on our way to Alaska, we stayed at Lewis & Clark Campground in Shelby, Mt.. They will let you store your firearms with them for a minimal charge. The only drawback is that you have to return there, which was fine for us since we were headed south from Montana anyway.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:31 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
Wasp & Hornet spray. Hit someone in the face with it and they are disabled immediately. Legal to possess and carry and inexpensive. I keep a can in every vehicle I own. My wife is allergic to bee stings.
Lynn
Old 11-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Wasp & Hornet spray. Hit someone in the face with it and they are disabled immediately. Legal to possess and carry and inexpensive. I keep a can in every vehicle I own. My wife is allergic to bee stings.
Lynn
Make sure it's not a breezy day & they'd have to get close to you. Would you have enough time to go get it out of your vehicle?
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:10 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Make sure it's not a breezy day & they'd have to get close to you. Would you have enough time to go get it out of your vehicle?

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...icides/7415144

This is what I carry.
Do you carry your handgun each time you get out of your vehicle?
This product will spray over 20' with a solid stream which will foam on contact.
I have used it in the peaks of my house where wasps and hornets seem to like to build nests as well as under the eaves of my deer hunting blinds which are 16' above the ground.
I wouldn't use it in a hurricane but the spray is easy to control in a light breeze.
It's just as effective as pepper spray and legal to carry in any state or province.
Lynn
Old 11-06-2019, 07:05 AM   #54

Quote:

This is what I carry.

This product will spray over 20' with a solid stream which will foam on contact.

I have used it in the peaks of my house where wasps and hornets seem to like to build nests as well as under the eaves of my deer hunting blinds which are 16' above the ground.

I wouldn't use it in a hurricane but the spray is easy to control in a light breeze.

It's just as effective as pepper spray and legal to carry in any state or province.

Lynn

It’s a good option , but to answer the question... yes, of course .
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:31 PM   #55

Quote:

This is what I carry.
So... you're out walking/hiking and you carry the can with you?

As far as guns.... we don't own one.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:28 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
So... you're out walking/hiking and you carry the can with you?
I normally do but I am walking on my own property on lesser traveled trails. Five years or so ago I was clearing a trail and hit a ground bee nest. I was almost 1/2 mile from my house. I had ridden my ATV down to one end of the trail carrying my brush clippers, chainsaw and weed eater. When the bees started attacking me I ran down the trail past my ATV and kept running until I got to my house. I was stripping my clothes off as I was running because bees were caught under my shirt and even in my underwear. I ran into the back door of my house screaming for help, stripped naked and jumped into the shower. My wife and daughter heard me and when I told them what had happened my daughter left and went to the drugstore and bought a bottle of Benedryl (sp) and rushed back with it. All said and done I had 23 sting marks on my body. I was hurting but at the same time mad as ****.
After an hour or so I dressed into my leather snowmobile suit, tapped off any openings, wore my helmet with a face shield, a Nomex hood, gloves and tall boots and drove my truck down to the trail. The bees were still active. I sprayed the ones I could and poured used oil down the hole the bees were living in.
Later on the same year I was brush cutting with my open station tractor and hit a hidden log. Under the log was a bee's nest. This time I was better prepared and had a can of spray in the tool box mounted on the fender of the tractor. I won this match getting stung only once. Both of these encounters were in mid summer so I wasn't dressed well enough to keep bees off me when working. Even up here July and August are Tee shirt months.
I may have led this thread off topic but you did ask.
Lynn

Tags
ada, canada, fulltime