Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2019, 04:21 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
Your right , the chances of your home or RV catching fire is also very low so , why don’t you get rid of those Skokie detectors & fire extinguishers.
I have used this logic in the past.
I doesn't work.
Their minds are made up and don't want to listen to logic.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2019, 07:49 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
If you don't feel safe without a gun going anywhere it is probably best to stay home.

The chances of getting hurt or killed in a traffic accident are exponentially higher than in a gun battle.
It's a safety device, much like the fire extinguishers I have in the bedroom, kitchen, drivers area, and in the jeep. I do not expect a fire, but I'm prepared should one happen.

I'm going to bow out of this discussion. I do not have any information concerning storage locations for handguns while traveling into Canada, because it doesn't apply to me at this time. It is a discussion that will need to be updated frequently as businesses open/close, and laws change, not to mention the travel route taken to border crossing. Hopefully I'll be able to find accurate and up to date information on this subject right here in this forum should DW & I ever plan a trip into Canada ten years from now.
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:12 AM   #73

I think some folks get the border confused.
When going north it's not like driving from
One state to the other. It's an ,"international"
Not interstate border. The second amendment is part of our countrys (USA)
Constitution. Not Canada. All bets are off
When going thru the booth. You have rights
There in canada.as a us citizen just not that
Right. It's really safe there..no need to be scared.
I know you sometimes feel naked without it.
I know I do.. but it's really ok. You'll survive and
Get to visit a beautiful country...I've heard the
Arguements and listened to all the cliche sayings
Like "better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6"
But it's really not worth it. Unless your the type
That seeks out trouble when traveling then you
Will be just fine...really.
varmonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:14 AM   #74

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarabooBob View Post
We did not have any firearms or ammunition with us when we went into Canada at Sumas, just east of Vancouver. I don't know what set them off when we drove up to the crossing but we were asked if we had ever had firearms or ammunition in the MH. I answered truthfully and was told to park under a carport.
We went inside, after being searched, and sat down. 4 border agents searched my MH for over 30 minutes. They even took a dog inside. Needless to say, thy didn't find anything and let us enter. I thought it was interesting that before allowing us to go, they mentioned that I was a retired federal law enforcement officer. So much for professional courtesy.
Why would you expect professional curtesy? I really don’t want you to take this personal but there are law enforcement officers that aren’t what they seem and taking a chance is like playing Russian roulette.
Every day people from all walks of life are found guilty of crimes.
Thank god there are more retired like you than the other way.
I would guess that once you cleared you were treated with the utmost respect.
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:28 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
If you don't feel safe without a gun going anywhere it is probably best to stay home.

The chances of getting hurt or killed in a traffic accident are exponentially higher than in a gun battle.
Did I say it's about feeling safe? It's not a matter of "not" feeling safe. I am a Marine who's been under fire multiple times. I have no fear of being out by myself. I have loved guns since I was young. I also like to be prepared of something were to happen, as well as going shooting at the range a lot. So it's not a matter of not feeling safe. Far from it. The moment you are not prepared for something is when it usually happens.
Pyropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:58 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lambert View Post
Why would you expect professional curtesy? I really don’t want you to take this personal but there are law enforcement officers that aren’t what they seem and taking a chance is like playing Russian roulette.
Every day people from all walks of life are found guilty of crimes.
Thank god there are more retired like you than the other way.
I would guess that once you cleared you were treated with the utmost respect.
Brother coming back into the USA from Mexico had his car tossed too and they messed up all the clips on the paneling. Took my brother buying all new clips and pins, and putting it all back together himself. When these people pulled off his paneling they didn't care and broke most clips and those push pin things. They say they put stuff back to how they found it but they didn't. Panels were falling off and it looked trashy until my brother fixed it.
Pyropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #77

We have crossed the border going to and through Canada many times carrying firearms. Knew what the laws were and complied completely. Answered all questions truthfully and in a timely manner because we were prepared and knew what would be asked. Had our paperwork done and were prepared to pay the fees required in Canadian funds. We never had the rig searched and were treated with the utmost respect.

If someone shows up at the border unprepared to comply with Canadian law, tries to conceal their weapons, or gets snotty with the border personnel, their experience may be quite different from ours. -Paul

Tags
ada, canada, fulltime