Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #15
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

YouTube link for RV Trip Wizard videos.

The newest series are called Speed Training.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8...pHjlqyZC0WRZdg
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2019, 08:25 AM   #16
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Filtering Pros and Cons:

For the most part, using the park filters is a good thing. For example, if you need a pull-through site, 50-amp connection, wi-fi, and pet friendly…then filtering out those parks that can’t accommodate those needs can save you a lot of time finding the right campground. Filtering by rating (3-star, 4-star, etc.) is also very convenient, and can help you narrow the search even further.

The downside of filtering is that very often, campgrounds are not rated as high as you think, and won’t show up. Or an excellent park might have all the features you need, except wi-fi for example (think state park) and won’t show up on your available campgrounds. When you use filters, use them judiciously and don’t forget they are on, especially when reporting a missing campground.

You can easily toggle filters on/off with the button at the top of the screen.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:07 PM   #17
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Using the new RV Life GPS & Campgrounds app in conjunction with RV Trip Wizard.

With the RV Life GPS & Campgrounds app (RV LIFE App) you can bring your RV Trip Wizard trips right to your mobile device. If you use your RV Trip Wizard credentials when you sign in to the RV Life app, you will be able to access your RV Trip Wizard trips. Be sure to sign in to the RV Life GPS & Campgrounds app with your RV Trip Wizard login. The RV LIFE app is included with your RV Trip Wizard subscription.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:07 AM   #18
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Low Clearance Warnings.

If you are using the RV Routing in RV Trip Wizard, and you have properly entered your RV height, then RV Trip Wizard will steer you clear of low overpasses that your RV should avoid. Occasionally, it will appear you have a low clearance warning on your route. You’ll find that if you zoom in very closely on the map, the low clearance warning belongs to a side road or service road near your route, but not on your route, and thus will not affect you.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:48 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Why changing default and trip settings won't show in existing stops

There has been some confusion about how Default settings and Trip Settings values are used in RV Trip Wizard. I will attempt to clear up that confusion.

I have read posts from folks that say they make a change in the Default Settings, for instance fuel price per gallon, but it doesn't seem to be reflected in their trip stops. This is because they change the default or trip after they create the stops. When a new trip is created, it copies the default values for fuel price, camping expense and several other values from the default settings into the new trip. This is a good thing because you can change these values in the newly created trip without effecting the values you set as the most common values you prefer. When you create a new stop on your new trip, Trip Wizard copies the values from the Trip Settings that you set. This also allows you to set values specific to each stop without effecting the values set for the whole trip. For example, when you stop and get fuel, you can enter the exact amount you paid at that stop and only that stop.

I think an analogy might be helpful. Lets say you have a bucket(default settings) of green balls (fuel price) and you then put one ball into 3 empty buckets (Trip stops). Now you have 3 buckets, each with 1 green ball in it. If you replace the bucket of green balls with a bucket of red balls (new fuel price), you will still have 3 buckets with a green ball in each (old fuel price), the only way to get a red ball into the buckets with a green ball is to replace it one bucket at a time. However, any new buckets (trip stops) you add will get a red ball.

A good standard practice is to review all the values in the Default Settings and set them to be values that would be the most common for you. Be sure to review the values in all the tabs keeping in mind that these are the values that will be used when you create new trips. Then when you do create a new trip always review and change these values BEFORE you start adding stops. For instance I have my default fuel price set at $3.50 per gallon, but when I create a new trip I will change that price at the time I create the trip to be closer to the current fuel price. I do this for the other values as well.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:45 PM   #20

How to enter trip starting location

How do I enter my home location when TW cant find me and wont accept my address??
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:46 PM   #21

How can I delete a complete Trip??

How can I delete a complete trip from RV Trip Wizard
Old 08-15-2019, 05:49 AM   #22
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

To delete a trip, open it first, then click the wrench icon and choose Delete Trip.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:56 AM   #23

thank you I had about 30 trips to delete as I have been trying to learn this thing
Old 08-17-2019, 01:57 AM   #24

Total Mileage different

I've been playing around with this for the first time tonight. I entered each day of a 2-week trip as separate trips. When I look at the list of my trips, it shows a much larger total mileage for each trip than the total when I actually open the trip. Why? Which is correct?
PaulnDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 02:02 AM   #25

Is there a way for me to copy and paste or merge each of these trips into a single complete trip?
PaulnDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:11 AM   #26
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

PaulnDeb, there is no merge feature. As you have figured out, each day should not be it's own trip.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:49 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
When will it be ready for Android in a live travel mode.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:28 AM   #28
RV LIFE Support Team

The Andoid app is available now. I downloaded it and will be trying its routing today.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trip wizard