Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2005, 06:12 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
I am actually considering selling my 03' Americana 5ver to buy a 5ver toyhauler. I found a company that is a possibility, because I don't want a huge cargo area, as I will only be hauling a Harley. KZ makes a 5ver called a New Vision Sportsman that looks interesting. I want something kind of upscale, butl still have the ability to carry the bike. Does anyone have one of these, or has seen one? Advice or experience is appreciated.... Sarge
mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2021
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2005, 06:12 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I am actually considering selling my 03' Americana 5ver to buy a 5ver toyhauler. I found a company that is a possibility, because I don't want a huge cargo area, as I will only be hauling a Harley. KZ makes a 5ver called a New Vision Sportsman that looks interesting. I want something kind of upscale, butl still have the ability to carry the bike. Does anyone have one of these, or has seen one? Advice or experience is appreciated.... Sarge
mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2021
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 11:35 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
SargeW, while I do not own a KZ our dealership does sell them. Since I am on the service side I deal with the "after the sale" issues and can tell you that KZ is a good company to do business with. They build a nice unit and have a pretty good reputation for standing behind their products.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:13 AM   #4

I've had 2 of them now and feel they are well built. Have had only one small problem that the dealer took care of in a very timely way. They are not necessarily Cadillac level but they are good quality with good functionality.
Jim

SPELL CHECK By IeSpell; Its free and it works.
JimmyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 05:18 AM   #5

We've got an '04 2852P2 fiver,Not a toy hauler.
Have very happy with it,it seems to a good quality well built trailer.
Milt
milt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:11 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Everyone that has bought a KZ toyhauler and posted about it on the rv.net forums have been happy with it. KZ offers several levels of toyhaulers so you can pick what suits your taste and pocketbox from the sportsman up to the escalade.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 10:32 AM   #7

We had a KZ Sportsmen 2505QSS for two years and absolutely loved it. It was a GREAT trailer and we had no problems with it at all. KZ is a very nicely made product. I've heard very few complaints from folks who own them. Although ours wasn't a toy hauler, we have heard from folks who have them and they really do like them a lot.

Julie
Mrs. Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 03:58 PM   #8

We have a couple we know who has a KZ hybrid toy hauler trailer and talk very highly about it!

They are very happy with is capacities and capabilities and put many, many, miles on it every year going from coast to coast to coast hauling a bike inside!

They also mentioned about talking directly to the factory prior to its build and how they could accommodate some custom build options should they need any.

Mike.
6MISFITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:17 AM   #9

I own a '04 KZ 2809. LOVE IT. Great quality. Company is willing to do some great mods at the factory to please their customers. There is a group on MSN that is exclusively KZ owners.... GoinKZ

2000 Yukon XL
Amgaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:36 AM   #10

We have a KZ sportsmen toy hauler. We bought it used and have had 0 problems with it. Well built unit.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:07 AM   #11

I have a '98 Sportsmen 2456 and even though it is not a toy hauler, I think it is a well made trailer. The only problem(s) I have had with it are 'self-induced'!!
Tom
Old 03-13-2005, 08:57 AM   #12

While I too don't own a toy hauler I do own a sportsmen 5th wheel and have loved it since we bought it. We are looking at upgrading to a new vision 5'er this spring. But definatlly staying with KZ as a manufacturer. We have been pleased with ours and last year our friends bought a used sportsmen TT because they liked the way ours was designed and well put together.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:09 PM   #13

Kz toyhauler

I have owned a sportsman 3254 classic 2006 model for 5 years an have had no problems with it.I have done several upgrades to suspension an tires because I pull a 20 ft. 5000# jet boat behind it,with no problems.will be going to Texas with it next year. If I ever replace it, will be a KZ. Safe travels
kz owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:44 AM   #14

KZ RV Club
Just took delivery of a 2018 KZ Durango gold 384rlt. It took a lot to get us out of our 2005 Montana 3295rk. Hope this is everything that the DW and I want it to be. Time will tell, wish us luck.
jetzen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv