Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2016, 01:57 PM   #211

Amish Refrigeration aka RV Refrigerator Cooling Unit Warehouse is relatively new but is BBB Accredited with an A+ rating. You also might try RV Cooling @rvrefrigerator.net, he has been in business 21 yrs. Though they are not BBB Accredited but they have recieved 0 complaints in the last 3 yrs.
PapaJohnRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2016, 05:55 AM   #212

Norcold 1200

I've had good experience with mine in our 2000 AmerTrad had the recall redone once. We were in Arizona and California in over 100deg heat for weeks and made ice on 7 setting. I also got the ARP control that duplicates the black box except with better control and a reset s/w.
I run with the black box and all is great. It's a shame we live in a time that corners are cut to reduce the cost of manufacturing.
bunlacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:31 AM   #213

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
All,
I completed my Amish cooling unit install on my Norcold 1200 last Saturday. Took me about 6 hours by myself, with a bit of assistance from my wife with the foaming and placing of the new unit in the rear of the box.

All in all, a very easy install and when set to "9", after 12 hours, freezer was a 1 degree, and frig was below 32 degrees (about 25 degrees). So happy this is complete and working properly.

One suggestion is that you do not get side tracked after foaming in the unit, as you need to be sure to install the freezer box and refrigerator fin bolts soon after and not get distracted with trying to test the fan switch (as I did). However nearly 3-4 hours later I realized the bolts were supposed to go in within 10 minutes or so of foaming, but this did not cause any issues for me and all seems to work fine!
Iceking69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv, norcold, refrigerator, amish cooling unit