Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2020, 02:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftys View Post
First of all you need to know that Lifestyle are some of the best trailers you can get. They’re built to last, heavy and heavy duty. The cable is centralized - the main input is in the wet bay. Plug in there and then use the winguard device. The way mine works, I have to press the button on the winguard, then scan for cable channels on each tv. New these had a list price over $100k and could be got for $80-100. Today the closest thing New is $150k and up. If you want a fifth wheel you can work on and keep forever, this is the one.
This is how the antenna works on our Lifestyle also. Agree with all Leftys said; we looked at several high end 5th wheels before purchasing our LS and the Lifestyle had all we wanted, with an exceptional frame and build. We love our rig and would hunt for another if anything ever happened to our LS. Congrats on the new RV!
jlsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2020, 06:13 PM   #16

Thanks jdpm

Looking over their web site I think maybe the axels I have are mad by them as well.

Phil
Old 03-10-2020, 06:18 PM   #17

Hi

I got the TV antenna wiring restored back to the original configuration and it is working well.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

My wife and I have come to the conclusion that this is the last 5th wheel RV we will ever own.

Wife loves to cook and this kitchen is just what she was looking for.

Phil
Old 03-14-2020, 11:14 AM   #18

Hi

So far so good close to moved in now all we need to do is sell the stick house.

I have a light in the bathroom that starts to flicker when it warms up. How do you remove or change the bulb etc.?

I will post a picture of the light.

Phil P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3079.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	277989  
Old 03-14-2020, 07:43 PM   #19

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Simply turn the lens and it will come off. The entire light has to be replaced. Inexpensive and you can find them on line and even on Ebay via the brand and model number on the light.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:47 PM   #20

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3665RE View Post
Thanks jdpm

Looking over their web site I think maybe the axels I have are mad by them as well.

Phil
Lifestyle used Dexter axles. If you are lucky, one of both of the axles with have a white oblong sticker on it which may even have some paint over spray on it. The series of number on it is all the specifics of the axles such as stud size, etc. I removed one of mine and placed it in my owners manual.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3665RE View Post
Hi Leftys

The reason we purchased this unit was because it has to be one of the very last ones with the Alas Frame. I have the rear cargo boot with 3 doors one in the middle and one on each side. It also has the 4 point Big Foot leveling system. The Lippert frame that some of the last one was built with wont handle the 4 point system.

We have had this less than a week and are more impressed with the unit every day. The door side slide didn’t go all the way out when we got home. Today I got a creeper out and went under the unit to find a zippered panel in the proper location to check the out limit switch to find the lock nut was loose and the bolt that operated the limit switch had apparently vibrated out during the 100 mile trip home. It took me some time to get it back where it belongings but now the slide works properly.

I got the TVs working on our satellite portable antennas today the Winegard Slimline on the roof is for Direct TV and we use Dish. I haven’t made my mind up to convert it to Dish the cost of parts from Winegard is about $300 I may just get a second King portable instead.

Last but not least do you know who manufactured the slide actuators for this unit?

Thanks

Phil P

I think the slide electronics may be custom. There’s a website - the carriage / Lifestyle forum with all the real experts. Highly recommend you join there. Yes you should walk around with a screwdriver.
Leftys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpm View Post
The Lifestyle box frame was called "Titan". Easy to spot due to the rear 3-door trunk. https://youtu.be/S3jEfcl4C0A
I'm not sure what you mean by slide actuators. The slides are activated by pressing the appropriate switch and slide room travel in and out is limited by the limit switches for each direction. There is also a bedroom door switch that will deactivate the street side slide if the bedroom door is not latched open.
The slide motor for the dining slide or other non-full-wall slides is in the middle. The full-wall slide motor is near the furnace on the street side.
I had a short in the wire as did another Lifestyle owner I know of so it could happen to others. I did a motor wiring upgrade which made the slide run much, much smoother and with less effort.

There are also some slide electronics in between the motors and the switches. That’s what he’s talking about. They’re the little white boxes in the nether regions of the basement.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpm View Post
Lifestyle used Dexter axles. If you are lucky, one of both of the axles with have a white oblong sticker on it which may even have some paint over spray on it. The series of number on it is all the specifics of the axles such as stud size, etc. I removed one of mine and placed it in my owners manual.

Good point because they used a few different axle models. My axles don’t match my build sheet.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:29 AM   #24

jdpm

The light just turns round and round and nothing happens. It still works but still starts flickering after a few minutes of operation.

I did finally pull on it hard enough that the lens came off. What I see inside looks like several very small Phillips head screws to get the LED unit out.

Phil P
Old 03-15-2020, 11:33 AM   #25

Leftys

In have joined the carriage / Lifestyl but they have change their forum software and I am finding it hard to get information.

Phil P
Old 03-15-2020, 11:59 AM   #26

That’s too bad. Maybe we can start a Lifestyle section on here or on Facebook
Old 03-15-2020, 02:48 PM   #27

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftys View Post
There are also some slide electronics in between the motors and the switches. That’s what he’s talking about. They’re the little white boxes in the nether regions of the basement.
I have yet to see such. I traced all my wiring between the operation switch, fuse box, limit switches and motor and never saw anything like that. lease post a photo of it should you find it.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:24 AM   #28

Hi

We have gotten into this unit a lot deeper.

There is a lot of preventative maintenance that has not been performed while it sat on the sales lot for 18 months. We are in the process of doing this at this time. There are a lot of other items that need correction that are the result of the lack of use for the last 18 months.

The slide issue has been resolved just some final adjustments to be performed. However the slide operators are not the ones shown in the link to the Al-KO site. They are driven by a motor and gear box right behind the upper frame rail that drives a long shaft with gears on it and the channels that go out from the trailer have gear teeth on the bottom of them.

Last but not least there is something near or in the refrigerator that periodically comes on for a brief period of time. It is preceded by a click and then hums for about 15 seconds. This repeats for about 4 cycles and then stops for an hour or so then starts all over again. Does anyone have any idea what this is?

Phil

Tags
element, ever-lite, evergreen, everlite, i-go