Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Question Ventana passenger seat foot rest broken

As we were leaving the Hershey show, the DW went to raise the footrest on the passenger seat and only the right side came up.

When I got home, I got under there to diagnose the problem. The "BF" adjustment screw (see Pictures) had both gears stripped inside.

I tried calling Newmar but they are already closed. Would this still be a Flexsteel warranty item?(2.5 year old MH) Would I get the part from Newmar or Flexsteel?

It would be an easy swap so I don't want to drive to the dealer in Albany just to have them screw it up.

Thoughts??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3940.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	319.6 KB
ID:	177018   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3941.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	383.4 KB
ID:	177019  

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2017, 03:23 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'll be glad to know what you find out. I suspect the one on our driver's seat is about shot ... doesn't have enough "umph" to lift the footrest by itself, have to pull up on it to get it to go all the way up.
Lee L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:49 PM   #3

I just posted on 9-14 about this very subject (search for "worm drive"). I have the same failure on my 2015 Ventana passenger seat. I called Flexsteel customer support and they indicated it is not covered by warranty. They warrant the structure for life and all the components for the same period as the manufacturer's warranty (one year for Newmar). I order a replacement for about $30 and figure it will be less than an hour to install. While the failure in just over 2 years is a disappointment, it is just another day in coach ownership. Let me know if you find out anything different. I was surprised that I only got one response to my original post. Perhaps this is a more wide spread issue than I thought. Thanks!
Runaway4002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:54 PM   #4

Here is a little more information. I actually ordered the replacement part from Bradd and Hall (800)-445-1830 as suggested by Flexsteel. If it is the right side as you face the front of the seat it is part #24117.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:17 PM   #5
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runaway4002 View Post
Here is a little more information. I actually ordered the replacement part from Bradd and Hall (800)-445-1830 as suggested by Flexsteel. If it is the right side as you face the front of the seat it is part #24117.

Thanks! I will give them a call. $30.00 is cheap enough to not waste any time trying to chase a warranty claim down that, as you state, doesn't exist.

It is pretty easy to replace.

It is the same one. Right side as you are looking at the passenger seat. (I'd call that the left side of the seat. )

Old 09-18-2017, 09:06 PM   #6

That was my thought, cheap enough to just get it done myself. They refer to that as right side facing but I agree it is the left side of the seat. I ordered two for the left side and one for the right side so I have spares. Order total was $90 plus shipping for a total of $107.85. It was placed on Thursday 9-14 and I hope it will be waiting for me when I check in to the Nashville KOA tomorrow. It goes FedEx ground but they did not provide a tracking number. I will let you know if I have any issues with delivery or installation.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:44 PM   #7
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runaway4002 View Post

UPDATE. I received the new worm gear in a couple of days. Install took just a few minutes. Recliner is working like new again!

Tags
vent, ventana