Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2008, 07:09 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
After I saw Omey's (Dale Olson) thread and '03HRVacationer (AL Morancy) 32" TV install in Myrtle Beach I couldn't resist-- so "Away we go"---

Last year at this time I installed a 26" HD TV in the front of my motor home, complete with an a new framed enclosure. At the time I couldn't see how to fit a 32" TV in my available space.

Here is the completed install- Nice HUH?

TV's too small for these old eyes-- Bigger is better, so here we go. Had to add 1 1/4" spacers in the upper cabinet inner vertical walls (they are just dry fitted there in this picture)

Here is the new bracket for the new 32" Sony

Here is the new swing arm mount

Here are the "bayonnet" style- Male and female pins I fabricated to hold the unit steady while traveling. I removed the two small, number 8 size screws from the top corners of the new Sony and made new screws with a 2 1/2" (1/4" dia.) shaft. It inserts into the female end nut, which is screwed into the cabinet (3/8 x 16)-- threaded hole. A small clevis pin holds the two parts together.

Left side-- note that I had to cut 1/2" off both ends of the upper cabinet doors and then had to move the doors, and their hinges, outward one inch to obtain clearance for the new 32" TV's increased width. You can see the filler strip has been added to the cabinets.

Finished install with the Sony 32" HDTV 1080p. Note that both cabinet doors open and close with an 1/8" to spare.

Upper cabinet doors closed-- No more trim fascia. Finished, Ahhh-- Hope I'm done this time

Here is the Winegard 5 LNB Direct TV antenna feeding the wonderful HD signal to this setup

If you folks have questions or if I can help, let me know--

I hate it that Al Morancy has a 40" in the basement-- Hmmmmm

Good luck all,
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
What a "sweet" install, good job. Looks great.

Spike
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:20 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you folks have questions or if I can help, let me know--

I hate it that Al Morancy has a 40" in the basement-- Hmmmmm

Good luck all, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get it right duffer, it's a 42" down below, the install looks great, nice job, I like the tie backs.

Hug Cindy for me.

Al

Morancy Adventures!!
03HRVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:04 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Okay "duffer"---

42" it is!!!

If you can use the bayonnet type bolt I made I can certainly make some for you, anyone else-- let me know.

I thought you were working in Boston putting in an elevator, hows it going?

You get addicted to this site and can't hardly work anymore

Cheers,
Old 10-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My part is done, the elevator installers are in there now. You can take a look at,

www.elevatorshaft.blogspot.com

I want to be back at MB, I'm all winterized now and the 42 is coming out for the winter, we will be moving up to the winter spot in the next week or so. We got a different site with way more room and sun light, we went up there with the coach last weekend and tested it out to make sure the dish wasn't treed in. It locked on in about 4 minutes. You can see pictures on our blog spot of the site. I'll keep you posted.

Al

Morancy Adventures!!
03HRVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Max,
How about some feedback on attaching that 2x4 to the ceiling? To what is the attachment hardware going into? How long are the screws?
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:26 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Outstanding...

But, how about cleaning up the mess in the cabinet...

Old 11-02-2008, 03:40 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Oemy,

That will be the next phase of the project

Bd-- I used 4 2" counter sunk (about an inch)decking screws. The original RCA TV setup, from Newmar had 3" screws into the ceiling.

Good luck,