Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I took the coach out for a 600 mile trip on Thursday and discovered that the drivers seat no longer works. I always spin it around when we get to our destination so I checked the connections and everything seems tight. Is there a fuse somewhere that might have burned out. I'm hoping somebody else out there has experienced this and has an easy fix. I'll try to call Monaco next week.
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2007, 07:03 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
NutenSteve...
I think you can call Monaco RIGHT NOW! I thought they are there 24/7-365
GOod luck... and let us know if it is something easy - so we know the fix if it happens to any of us!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:52 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Steve -

I had the same thing on the passenger seat awhile back. Seems there's only just so many maps and campground books that wife can wedge between the side of the seat (where the seat-controls reside) and the inner wall. Evidently, the maps/etc wedged a switch in the ON position long enough that the CB tripped. After a frustrating afternoon of troubleshooting the motor and related wiring, I decided to get the bright idea to look for fuses/CBs/etc.

Found a PUSH-TO-RESET CB for each of the seat controls, located in the big electrical compartment in front of the driver-wheel (ie, below driver-feet). Memory escapes me now as to exactly which one it was, but I do remember it being listed on the panel..... well, obviously it was the only one that was tripped too

Good luck!
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Ron,
Finally got a moment to check out that big electical box you referred to....scary stuff in there. I found the fuse for the driver seat #F-33 15amp I didn't see any push to reset CB though...maybe I'm missing something....electically challenged here. I sure appreciate your suggestions.
I have been storing a couple of laptops next to the wall and seat and I'm sure that I suffered the same fate as you....wedged the switch.

I'll probably try to call Monaco as suggested by MonacoMama.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
No problemo, Steve. Sounds like you're on the right track, tho. You said you checked the connector under the seat itself, that's a common culprit.

It's entirely possible that different coaches may have different setups, and they may have had extra fuses instead of circuit-breakers on the day yours was built. I was surprised to see that the only CB's I had on mine were for the seats, while everything else was a regular-type fuse (or could we not be the only ones that suffered the same fate?????).

Like 'Mama said, give Monaco a buzz. I've called them many-a-time for major and minor issues, and they've come thru superbly every time. Let us know what you find (and good luck in the meantime).

Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:34 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Alot of times it could be just a wire that popped out of the wiring plug. Check both plugs maybe on back side to chair that you could miss.
If you find one and not sure where it should go check the other seat wiring for plug wire location. The stranded wires have to be twisted to enter hole so wire will lock in wire hole.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I appreciate all the suggestions and I'll certainly check for loose wires. I fired off and e-mail to Monaco to see if they have an easy fix.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:34 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I think Monaco Tech Support must know me by caller ID by now, LOL! On our maiden voyage 2 weeks ago in our new Coach, I probably called them 15 times. And, by the way, this is our third "Monaco" Coach (Monaco in quotes because the Safari and 1st Beaver were built before Monaco owned the companies), anywhooooo... we're traveling through Texas and it starts to rain, so Tony turns the wipers on. They make approximately 4 sweeps across the windshield and falllooooop, the driver's side wiper flies over around the edge and gets stuck on driver's side window! So we find an exit, pull off, Tony gets out in the pouring rain to detach the stuck wiper, gets back in, and they won't work. So, I call Monaco, and they instruct us to look in the electrical panel (go outside, open the panel below the driver's seat, look through the 200 or so fuses, find the one that says "wipers", and replace the fuse). They were very helpful on instructing us as to where the fuse was located. So back out in the pouring rain Tony goes, finds the fuse, replaces it with one they've told us can be pulled (map lights), and he's back inside. Off we go, back on the freeway, and approximately 4 sweeps of the wipers and falooooop, it does exactly the same thing. Get Monaco back on the phone, they recommend tightening the bolt that connects the wiper to the Coach. By the time we can find another acceptable place to pull off, the rain has stopped, but adjustment made and multiple extra fuses purchased. Honestly, they were quite helpful, and this was only one of the many questions we threw at them during this trip! Good luck, and I do recommend calling them. I sent them an email on another issue, and it took about 2 weeks for them to respond (but they did respond, and again, they were caring and effective).

Oh, and I must mention that while Tony was out locating and changing the fuse, the weather changed... it got worse. So, he decided to run back to the safety of the bus to wait out the torrential downpour, and in his hurry, ran headlong into the HUGE wing-mirror! He hit it so hard he fell down, like he had been hit by Mohammed Ali! As he was okay, it's now very funny. But, watch out for those wing-mirrors!
Old 04-16-2007, 03:27 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I'm with you, Brenda/Tony. I have 'em on speed-dial (877.466.6226). There's someone available 24/7 by voice, while email takes quite a bit longer, as was mentioned.

Good luck.

Funny story, Brenda, I can relate! Wife says she's gonna get me one of those plastic helmets that kids wear while learning to ride their bike. I've donated so much scalp-skin to various edges of the coach, it probably has my DNA by now.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:32 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
bsavage,
I had the same problem with my 06 Knight. The problem was where the wiper shft penetrates the front cap the fiberglass flexes. I worked with my dealer and Monaco for six weeks before they authorized the dealer to follow my idea of installing the shaft through a 4" by 4" by 3/4" block of plywood to stiffen the cap and fiberglass epoxy coat the block to prevent rotting. The 2007 models now have a block of plywood fiberglassed in place to avoid this problem. Good luck getting it done but it does solve the wrap around problem.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:36 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Nutensteve,
Replace the circuit breaker temporarily with a 20 amp mini fuse. If this fixes the seat, replace the 20 circuit breaker with a new one from Buss. I had this problem on my passenger seat circuit and there is no visible indicator that the circuit breaker is blown. They only reset a few times before they blow. They actually act more like a time delay fuse than a true circuit breaker.
Jack
Old 04-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Jack, thanks for the good info. We haven't had opportunity to try the wipers again yet, but it sounds like it could be an ongoing issue.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:58 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I finally have my electric seat back in operation. I received an e-mail response from Monaco advising me to try the working passenger seat C/B fuse in the inoperative driver seat slot to see if that was the problem. Switched them out and "voila" it worked. I then found an unused C/B 15 amp from the power hose reel....wish I had that option....and now both seats work again. Thanks to all of you for the advice. I think I had better buy an assortment of replacement fuses.

Steve