Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-09-2005, 06:47 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Its official now,we have reservation at Meadows of Dan Campground for our rally August 4 thru 7.There is no problem if you want to come earlier or stay longer.Its located on Jeb Stuart Highway,Meadows of Dan,Va.easy access to and from major roads,Junction Blue Ridge parkway MP 177.7 & US 58 West. In the area there are two winerys, golf, Nancy's Homemade Fudge Kitchen,historic village with interesting shops,casual restaurants,a dulcimer craftsman,Mabry Mills,Woods Brothers Racing Museum and the Blue Ridge Parkway and other attractions. And for Andy Griffith fans,its approximately 30 miles to Mt.Airy,NC where a visit to Snappy Lunch for a pork chop sandwich is a must! You can also get a hair cut at Floyd's barber shop or get a meal at Aunt Bea's restaurant.

We are night owls and late sleepers so won't do a breakfast. However we will have a welcome cookout Thursday night August 4th-hot dogs,hamburgers and all the fixins,just bring your own beverage. We figured after a long day of driving it would be nice to have someone else make dinner.
Friday morning would be a good time to venture down to Mt Airy for those that would like to try a pork chop sandwich and visit some of the little shops down town.
Saturday night is "bring what you want" potluck and afterwards a Chinese auction.So dig into your gift closet and get ready for this one!

I have talked with the campground and there will be NO deposit for reservations.BUT we do need anyone that plans to attend to go ahead and make your reservations,so they will hold the campground for us! Just call 276-952-2292 and be sure to tell them you are with the IRV2 Appalachian Campers and they will hold it for us. Also please post and let me know when you make reservations so will know who is attending and can keep a list. Bring what you want potlucks will be held and will post more information later. Hope to see y'all there!

We had to reserve this campground in Nov. as they already had one week in Aug. reserved. They will not hold it much longer IF WE DON'T have people make a reservation!!They need at least 10 people to sign up to hold it for us,or we may have to cancel or find elsewhere to hold it. NO deposit required,so if there is any possiblity you may attend please call,make your reservations and let us know. thanks!
Tom & Dianne

Thought we'd add the ones signed up to the first post so everyone wouldn't have to look for it:

1. diandtom New Bern,NC

2. jimandsandy Westfield,NC

3. Hitchhiker Buladean,NC

4. Half Dimes North Central Fl

5. The Coach-Joe&Linda Jayne New Port Richey,Fl

6. doc and Carol... NE Georgia

7. Dee and Steve... (near) Athens, Ga

8. Jack and Janie NE Georgia

9. John and Sue Brandon,Fl.

10."Barth" Joe & Joan McClellandtown,Pa
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2005, 06:47 PM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Its official now,we have reservation at Meadows of Dan Campground for our rally August 4 thru 7.There is no problem if you want to come earlier or stay longer.Its located on Jeb Stuart Highway,Meadows of Dan,Va.easy access to and from major roads,Junction Blue Ridge parkway MP 177.7 & US 58 West. In the area there are two winerys, golf, Nancy's Homemade Fudge Kitchen,historic village with interesting shops,casual restaurants,a dulcimer craftsman,Mabry Mills,Woods Brothers Racing Museum and the Blue Ridge Parkway and other attractions. And for Andy Griffith fans,its approximately 30 miles to Mt.Airy,NC where a visit to Snappy Lunch for a pork chop sandwich is a must! You can also get a hair cut at Floyd's barber shop or get a meal at Aunt Bea's restaurant.

We are night owls and late sleepers so won't do a breakfast. However we will have a welcome cookout Thursday night August 4th-hot dogs,hamburgers and all the fixins,just bring your own beverage. We figured after a long day of driving it would be nice to have someone else make dinner.
Friday morning would be a good time to venture down to Mt Airy for those that would like to try a pork chop sandwich and visit some of the little shops down town.
Saturday night is "bring what you want" potluck and afterwards a Chinese auction.So dig into your gift closet and get ready for this one!

I have talked with the campground and there will be NO deposit for reservations.BUT we do need anyone that plans to attend to go ahead and make your reservations,so they will hold the campground for us! Just call 276-952-2292 and be sure to tell them you are with the IRV2 Appalachian Campers and they will hold it for us. Also please post and let me know when you make reservations so will know who is attending and can keep a list. Bring what you want potlucks will be held and will post more information later. Hope to see y'all there!

We had to reserve this campground in Nov. as they already had one week in Aug. reserved. They will not hold it much longer IF WE DON'T have people make a reservation!!They need at least 10 people to sign up to hold it for us,or we may have to cancel or find elsewhere to hold it. NO deposit required,so if there is any possiblity you may attend please call,make your reservations and let us know. thanks!
Tom & Dianne

Thought we'd add the ones signed up to the first post so everyone wouldn't have to look for it:

1. diandtom New Bern,NC

2. jimandsandy Westfield,NC

3. Hitchhiker Buladean,NC

4. Half Dimes North Central Fl

5. The Coach-Joe&Linda Jayne New Port Richey,Fl

6. doc and Carol... NE Georgia

7. Dee and Steve... (near) Athens, Ga

8. Jack and Janie NE Georgia

9. John and Sue Brandon,Fl.

10."Barth" Joe & Joan McClellandtown,Pa
Old 01-10-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
Found Meadows of Dan, VA, but not the CG on Rand McNally Tripmaker. Also found Mt Airy NC AND Mt Airy Virginia. Popular name in the part of the country I guess.
We will certainly try to make this get-together as we enjoy that part of the country so much. Trying to decide if we want to go up the Parkway or I-85, I-40 and I-77.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
We'll be there, Meadows of Dan seems to a great choice for our summer rally. I'm looking forward to it and if we don't come to it on our way back from the National Rally we'll probably take the Blue Ridge Parkway up.

I'm considering taking a tour of the New England states between the National and the Summer Appalachian Campers' rally.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:24 PM   #5

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Doc,
If you come up I77 exit 8 at Fancy Gap, Va. and turn right to US 52 and then right on US 52 until you reach the Parkway and then head north until you reach US 58, about 20 miles. Turn right and campground is on the left about half mile from Parkway.
Tom
Old 01-10-2005, 04:33 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Tom & Dianne,
We will be there and would like to see anyone who wants to come and join in with us we will have a good time. The weather at this time of the year in the mountains will be great.
Jim & Sandy
jimandsandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:52 PM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Bumping to the top,added more info-please read for additional info! We need folks to make reservations so they will hold campground for us,no deposit required!
Old 01-19-2005, 11:30 AM   #8

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Edited original post,the campground won't hold campground for us much longer unless we have some people make reservations! Hey folks,it will be cooler up on the mountain that time of year!
Old 01-20-2005, 05:42 AM   #9

diandtom,
Sandy and I will not be able to attend since we will be out of town during the time of the rally... See ya in the spring though..
Old 01-22-2005, 09:10 AM   #10

Appalachian Campers
diandtom,

I called them Thursday and got the answering machine. Left a message that I was from iRV2 Appalachian Campers and wanted to make a reservation. So far, they haven't returned the call.

I'll give it a few more days and then try them again.

Let's do our best to get all of us who are planning to attend signed up, this should be a fun weekend.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:28 AM   #11

Appalachian Campers
OK, we're in!! Meadows of Dan returned my call today and put our names down for the rally!

Who else has called?
Old 01-28-2005, 06:38 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Hi Richard,
We have called and we are in. It will very nice up there at this time of the year.
Jim & Sandy
jimandsandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:42 AM   #13

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I just called Meadows of Dan Campground and they are holding ten sites for us and we can get more if needed. Her desk was a mess and she could not tell me who had signed up but she thought five had made reservations.I only have four names,if you have called to make reservations and I don't have your name please let me know. thanks
Tom
1.diandtom New Bern,NC
2.jimandsandy Westfield,NC
3.Hitchhiker Buladean,NC
4.Half Dimes North Central Fl.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:13 AM   #14

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
My brother-in-law and his wife (The Coach - Joe & Linda Jayne), also FL Boomers, told us they signed up yesterday (2/19).

Dave